Thanks Thanks:  16
Likes Likes:  49
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Truck Floats All Over Road At 55-60 MPH

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Re: Truck Floats All Over Road At 55-60 MPH

I run 70 psi front and back.

I found with lower pressures turning seemed really sluggish.

Also, RAM should replace that bar they welded.

Like the previous post, they should cut those welds off so you can straighten your steering wheel.

I never did the recall.

I just slobbered the threads with Loctite and paint-marked them.

Hasn’t moved in two years.

2016 Ram Laramie 3500, G56, 6.7, CC, 4x4

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab
    Cummins,G56, Rough Country level, Morimoto LED fog lights, LED headlights, Lund Attitude Steps sprayed with Line-X, DRL's Activated, 35x12.50R18 Falken Wildpeak ATW3, Fuel Vapor Wheels Matte Black w/Dark Tint, A.R.E. Truck cap and swing boxes

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, AK Bob liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by watersupply189 View Post
    I run 70 psi front and back.

I found with lower pressures turning seemed really sluggish.

Also, RAM should replace that bar they welded.

Like the previous post, they should cut those welds off so you can straighten your steering wheel.

I never did the recall.

I just slobbered the threads with Loctite and paint-marked them.

Hasn’t moved in two years.

I let them do mine before I wised up to what was actually going on with the whole recall.

I'm going to see if I can get them to pay for a Synergy drag link when I muster up the effort to fight with FCA.

2017 2500 Laramie: DRD Juiced, 5" TBE, Invisible EGR mod, BD Iron Horn 364sxe/1.0AR, 20x10 Hostile Sprockets, 33x12.50 General Grabber A/T, HID Conversion, Reverse Level 2" Drop CSS Rear Coils

4. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, AK Bob liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

im running a 20x9 wheel.. im a welder by trade so i thought about cutting it loose and adjusting then welding it back until i looked at it closely..whoever did it melted the threads up making it trash. I believe id of just put thread lock on it,wrenched it and called it a day

Would a higher psi up front cure this or cause it to float more? It feels decent at 60-65psi. The track bar is on the to do list tho forsure

6. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
  7. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

Couldn't hurt to have someone turn the steering wheel back and forth while you watch things move up front if you haven't done so yet.

8. Likes watersupply189, AK Bob liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Tomcat1 View Post
    im running a 20x9 wheel.. im a welder by trade so i thought about cutting it loose and adjusting then welding it back until i looked at it closely..whoever did it melted the threads up making it trash. I believe id of just put thread lock on it,wrenched it and called it a day

Would a higher psi up front cure this or cause it to float more? It feels decent at 60-65psi. The track bar is on the to do list tho forsure
    What tire? Did you stay E rated? I've seen tire shops put C rated on our trucks when they have a 20" wheel as they stock more of them.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

2014 Ram 3500 mega cab srw, full thuren 2.5 kit, 38" toyos, 4.56 gears, revmax 850 68RFE, grid heater delete w/ monster ram, steedspeed manifold, Ats aurora 6000 add a turbo(s465), ARP 625s, pushrods & springs, 5" tbe, sb filter, stock fuel

10. Likes watersupply189, AK Bob liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Tomcat1 View Post

What’s the max air pressure rating on your tire and what ply are they?
    Mine is 80 but at 70 I think I found the right pressure and it wears flat with no dipping/cupping on the edges.

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab
    Cummins,G56, Rough Country level, Morimoto LED fog lights, LED headlights, Lund Attitude Steps sprayed with Line-X, DRL's Activated, 35x12.50R18 Falken Wildpeak ATW3, Fuel Vapor Wheels Matte Black w/Dark Tint, A.R.E. Truck cap and swing boxes

12. Likes badbajawa, AK Bob liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #17

User Info Menu

There 10 ply e load with a 80 max cold rating

14. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
  15. Top Of Page | #18

Quote Originally Posted by 6.7 Coal Train View Post
    I let them do mine before I wised up to what was actually going on with the whole recall.

I'm going to see if I can get them to pay for a Synergy drag link when I muster up the effort to fight with FCA.
    Good luck.

I tried this shortly after the recall came out and took it all the way to the CEO of Chrysler.

Was told politely to **** off.

16. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, AK Bob, watersupply189 liked this post
  17. Top Of Page | #19

User Info Menu

I went from 18" XD wheels with 35" Toyo RT to Fuel 20" wheels with 295/55 Toyo AT3 tires. I Immediately noticed WAY less tracking resistance.
    At first, it felt like it freed up the truck; there was no "felt" weight on the tires anymore. However, this quickly became annoying as it constantly requires adjustment to keep the truck in the lines, kinda floating like this post describes. I've honestly gotten used to it after almost a year of having them on, but it's still something I'm worried about in the back of my head.
    When these wear out, I will replace them with 37's, but I almost don't want to use the AT3 again because of this. It makes me sad because the traction performance in snow, ice, and rain seems to be as good as you could get from an aggressive tire. My thoughts are maybe the extra cushion the original tires had were minimizing a current issue? I'll have to check the track bar like was previously suggested here. My drag link bushing went bad, and maybe other bushings are wearing on me.

18. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12