Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  4

Thread: RaceME Ultra Tuning / Exhaust Brake

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

RaceME Ultra Tuning / Exhaust Brake

Looking for help with some fine-tuning.

I want to accomplish 2 things, find adjustments to achieve (within the settings of the RaceME Ultra) best economy and better exhaust brake performance,
    (later some performance tuning).

I have custom tunes, including a transmission tune, installed.

1st of all, should I leave everything the way it is?

My exhaust brake does not seem to function as well after installing a new turbo and having a shift kit installed, (with custom trans tune).
    When I say my exhaust brake exhaust brake does not seem to work as well, before it use to work going down to about 40km, now it stop working
    sooner.

What kind of manual programming do I have to be careful about, so as to avoid any damage for more advanced performance tuning?

The shift kit runs pretty well; I am keeping the HP tunes down to 30 or 60 HP right now. (I have not upgraded my head studs yet).

( 2016 / RAM)

Note: The new turbo is 1045771 BD Diesel Screamer Performance HE300VG Turbo Charger - Dodge 2013-2018 I have a BD shift Kit installed.

2016 Dodge Ram 3500,
    Smittybilt M1 bumper, turbo back exhaust, ARP HEAD STUDS, BD Diesel ProTect68 68RFE Gasket Plate Kit and BD deep trans pan, SCREAMER HE300VG Turbo, BD Diesel Exhaust Manifold, Monster-Ram® Intake System 3.5-inch, Banks Air filter, BD Grid heater delete, RaceMe Ultra, tunes supplied by DRD.

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, AK Bob liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: RaceME Ultra Tuning / Exhaust Brake

If you have custom tunes, you really shouldn't be adjusting anything except for your power levels.

The whole adjustments of timing and VGT spool and whatnot is irrelevant or even nonexistent with custom tunes since that's essentially what you just gave someone money for, spending lots of hours testing exactly those adjustments and figuring out what works best for what situations, aka power levels or towing, street driving, racing, cruising mpg.

Who is the custom tuning from?

2011 3500 SRW Laramie 4×4, 68RFE with billet valvebody. 6.7HO with S&B intake, 5" exhaust, ARP headstuds, Industrial Injection R1 injectors, Fass 165, RaceMe Ultra tuned by DRD, Bilstein shocks, reverse leveled on 285/65/18 Nitto G2s and Raceline wheels, traction bars, B&W gooseneck hitch, Kicker audio, Morimoto and GTR lighting, Uniden R7.

4. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes AK Bob, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post