Thanks Thanks:  10
Likes Likes:  28

Thread: RaceME Ultra - Upgrading Firmware/Transmission Tune Folder

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

RaceME Ultra - Upgrading Firmware/Transmission Tune Folder

RaceME Ultra = I am upgrading my firmware. I originally installed my tunes from DRD (without transmission tune).

Recently I had a shop install the BD transmission plate (Shift Kit), and they installed my tranny tune (works well).

I have downloaded the new firmware on an sd card (I bought another card, so I have the original card if I have any issues).

I reinstalled the hp tunes in the new card, but I do not know what folder the tranny tunes are in.

Does anybody know where the tranny tunes are, (what folder and how they are identified) so I can reinstall them in the new card?

Thank you.

2016 Dodge Ram 3500,
    Smittybilt M1 bumper, turbo back exhaust, ARP HEAD STUDS, BD Diesel ProTect68 68RFE Gasket Plate Kit and BD deep trans pan, SCREAMER HE300VG Turbo, BD Diesel Exhaust Manifold, Monster-Ram® Intake System 3.5-inch, Banks Air filter, BD Grid heater delete, RaceMe Ultra, tunes supplied by DRD.

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, IGOTACUMMINS, AK Bob liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: RaceME Ultra - Upgrading Firmware/Transmission Tune Folder

Don't all DRD tunes come with trans tunes for the 68RFE?

The only thing I can see here is they added a module to bump the line pressure, so there isn't any tuning required.

2017 RAM 2500 Big Horn sport appearance package, Auto Level Rear Suspension, MM3 "switch" Fully deleted - tuned by DRD, Fleece Cheetah, Airaid Jr. CAI, 3.5" Banks Monster intake horn, Pusher Boost Tubes, 5" TBE with a Flo~Pro Twister muffler, *** EGR disappear kit, Black Market Performance CAT fuel filter and water separator, Black Market Performance fuel heater, Black Market Performance head studs, AFE deep trans pan, Revmax trans cooler bypass, Revmax HD Valve Body, DPC Low stall converter with billet flywheel, AFE pro series rear diff cover, Amsoil throughout provided by mcsynthetics.myamsoil.com

4. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

When I ordered the tunes from DRD, I did not select the transmission tune because I did not have a shift kit installed.

When I brought my truck into the shop (2 years later), they said I had to bring it in with the RaceME tuner to set up the transmission (I was charged for installing a transmission tune).

I will call the shop to see if I understand this correctly and ask them what folder the transmission tune is in and how to identify them.

The custom folder for the ECM and HP tunes from DRD does not look any different.

So I think it is in another folder, but nothing really identifies them for a user like me.

After reading a thread on this page, I may not upgrade the firmware as people have had issues with reinstalling the tranny tune after making a firmware upgrade, so I will wait for more info on this to see if RaceME has addressed this issue.

I will call the shop and update you on this thread.

2016 Dodge Ram 3500,
    Smittybilt M1 bumper, turbo back exhaust, ARP HEAD STUDS, BD Diesel ProTect68 68RFE Gasket Plate Kit and BD deep trans pan, SCREAMER HE300VG Turbo, BD Diesel Exhaust Manifold, Monster-Ram® Intake System 3.5-inch, Banks Air filter, BD Grid heater delete, RaceMe Ultra, tunes supplied by DRD.

6. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Isn't it all part of the .ecm file?

2013 White Laramie 4x4 , Tan interior, Nav, Alpine, ARE Z series, Morimoto 55w HID Projectors, GatorBack Mudflaps, RaceMe Ultra, FTE 30" resonator/muffler, Various computer 'mods' via AlfaOBD.
    A Grampa Cruiser. Just hit 100k 5/21

2017 Jeep Wrangler Big Bear edition
    1963 T-bird Convertible Roadster

8. Likes watersupply189, AK Bob liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

It could be

I will have to find out from the shop. They may have just replaced the .ecm file with another one.

( the .ecm file had the same name on it, ( my name ) as it came from DRD)

2016 Dodge Ram 3500,

10. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, watersupply189, AK Bob liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MC250r719 View Post
    Don't all DRD tunes come with trans tunes for the 68RFE?

The only thing I can see here is they added a module to bump the line pressure, so there isn't any tuning required.
    The module is not required with a RaceME Ultra, which is for people who do not have a deleted system.

You need a tune (and the ability to increase line pressure by adding a shift kit); they sell a shift kit with and without the module for that reason.

2016 Dodge Ram 3500,

12. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  13. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

The shop that installed the transmission shift kit and tranny tune referred me to Russ @ RaceMe Ultra Canada.

He answered my 1st phone call without being put on hold.

I gave him the info on my truck, (68RFE and yes, I have custom tunes installed from DRD).

When upgrading the firmware, you may have to retune your custom tunes.

He asked why I was upgrading; I wanted to upgrade my firmware, and I had no other issues; he said, “ if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.”

Normally, as most of us know, it is always a good idea to upgrade all firmware with other devices, not so with RaceME Ultra “with” custom tunes.

Just keep in mind that when you have need to upgrade your tunes, that is the time to get the latest firmware (which is something they should note on their site), but thankfully I came across it here on another thread, (great site, by the way, you saved me some grief).

The new firmware has some new headlight features, something to do with having your fog lights on simultaneously as your headlights.

When I install my ARP head studs and add some other goodies, I will upgrade my firmware, along with my custom tunes.

I hope this helps some of you!

Note: Russ did ask me what version of firmware I was running (Rame007C) from that; he determined that the only reason to upgrade would be for the headlight feature (the headlight feature can wait).

Last edited by Roberto Fisherman; 06-22-2021 at 04:34 PM. Reason: removing a word / grammar
    2016 Dodge Ram 3500,

14. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  15. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Roberto Fisherman View Post
    The module is not required with a RaceME Ultra; that is for people who do not have a deleted system, you need a tune (and the ability to increase line pressure) they sell a shift kit with and without the module for that reason.
    So they have their own tuning capabilities, or did they use the "can" trans tuning from your RaceME?

You can use the module with a RaceMe or MM3. Some guys would rather use a module, so they don't have to mess with trans tuning.

Did you try and contact DRD for a new trans tune?

2017 RAM 2500 Big Horn sport appearance package, Auto Level Rear Suspension, MM3 "switch" Fully deleted - tuned by DRD, Fleece Cheetah, Airaid Jr. CAI, 3.5" Banks Monster intake horn, Pusher Boost Tubes, 5" TBE with a Flo~Pro Twister muffler, *** EGR disappear kit, Black Market Performance CAT fuel filter and water separator, Black Market Performance fuel heater, Black Market Performance head studs, AFE deep trans pan, Revmax trans cooler bypass, Revmax HD Valve Body, DPC Low stall converter with billet flywheel, AFE pro series rear diff cover, Amsoil throughout provided by mcsynthetics.myamsoil.com

16. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  17. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

No, I did not; they told me they would add one (so it was not the can tune from RaceME).

When I upgrade all of my tunes, I will get a trans tune from DRD.

Note: The only thing I would add to using a module instead of the RaceME tuner if you have one, is you cannot use both simultaneously (so make sure it is off in the RaceMe settings and don't ever add it later).

Last edited by Roberto Fisherman; 06-22-2021 at 07:15 PM. Reason: making it clearer for people following the thread
    2016 Dodge Ram 3500,

18. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  19. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Yes, it is part of the ECM file now.

Also, the tunes levels are now in the ECM (My 1st set of tunes had all the HP tunes in a marked folder, recently I upgraded my tunes for new parts, and now all the tunes are included in the ECM file).

Installing the custom tunes is now much easier! (So I can't say if before the tranny tunes were visible like the HP tunes).

I did not need a tranny tune the 1st time as I did not have a shift kit.

It's all a moot point for me now, but it may be of interest to people still running the older tunes.

2016 Dodge Ram 3500,

20. Thanks AK Bob, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes AK Bob, watersupply189, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post