Thanks Thanks:  27
Likes Likes:  63
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 17 of 17

Thread: FCA Recall #Y26

  1. Top Of Page | #11
    DANG IT'S COLD! AK Bob's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Re: FCA Recall #Y26

    Well, I finally got my Y26 recall notice in the mail today only to find out FCA doesn’t have a remedy yet and to wait for a follow-up notice.

    Meanwhile, quote: Wait for the possibility of a wheel stud to break and have the wheel separate from the vehicle.


    2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit and 50 Gallon auxiliary fuel tank.

    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

    2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

  2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, watersupply189 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #12
    Thomas1960's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Re: FCA Recall #Y26

    Got mine too, scared of their fix.


  4. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, AK Bob, watersupply189 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #13
    6.7 Coal Train's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Re: FCA Recall #Y26

    Quote Originally Posted by AK Bob View Post
    Well I finally got my Y26 recall notice in the mail today only to find out FCA doesn’t have a remedy yet and to wait for a follow-up notice. Meanwhile, quote: Wait for the possibility of a wheel stud to break and have the wheel separate from the vehicle.


    2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit and 50 Gallon auxiliary fuel tank.

    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Maybe they'll just weld the wheel on.

    Hey, it worked for the draglink - NOT.

    2017 2500 Laramie: DRD enhanced, 5" Jamo TBE, 20x10 Hostile Sprockets, 33x12.50 General Grabber M/T, HID Conversion, LED Fogs, Reverse Level - 2" Drop CSS Coils, PacPro Oil Filter Relocate

  6. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, AK Bob thanked for this post
  7. Top Of Page | #14
    DANG IT'S COLD! AK Bob's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Re: FCA Recall #Y26

    Quote Originally Posted by 6.7 Coal Train View Post
    Maybe they'll just weld the wheel on.

    Hey, it worked for the draglink - NOT.
    LOL, sounds about right!


    2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit and 50 Gallon auxiliary fuel tank.

    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

    2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

  8. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, watersupply189 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #15
    DANG IT'S COLD! AK Bob's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Re: FCA Recall #Y26

    Still no remedy yet!

    Should receive another notification around December 28, 2021.

    Also, see attached information for correct torque.

    Quote: Dealers will update the torque specification in the owner's manual and other published service documents.

    Dealers will also inspect the vehicle's wheel studs, replacing them if necessary, free of charge.

    Owner notification letters were mailed on August 17, 2021.

    Campaign Y26 owner notification letters are expected to be mailed on December 28, 2021.

    Owners may contact FCA US customer service at 1-800-853-1403.

    FCA US's numbers for this recall are Y26 and Y36.

    Y36-21V-398.pdf


    2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

    2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

  10. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  11. Top Of Page | #16
    Let's Go BRANDON!!! Patriot MotorSports's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Re: FCA Recall #Y26

    Someone beat me to it.

    Three different trucks leased to me from Enterprise had the drag link come loose while driving!

    At least I could identify the steering wheel was losing the "center" before the drag link separated altogether.

    I saw a Gen4 two days ago on the side of the freeway with the link hanging on the ground, wheels in different directions, and while towing a reasonably heavy trailer.


  12. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #17
    DANG IT'S COLD! AK Bob's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Re: FCA Recall #Y26

    Quote Originally Posted by Patriot MotorSports View Post
    Someone beat me to it.

    Three different trucks leased to me from Enterprise had the drag link come loose while driving!

    At least I could identify the steering wheel was losing the "center" before the drag link separated altogether.

    I saw a Gen4 two days ago on the side of the freeway with the link hanging on the ground, wheels in different directions, and while towing a reasonably heavy trailer.
    This recall Y26 & Y36 are for the wheel studs.

    The drag link recall was V06.


    2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

    2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

  14. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •