Thanks Thanks:  35
Likes Likes:  100
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: FCA Recall #Y26

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Re: FCA Recall #Y26

Well, I finally got my Y26 recall notice in the mail today only to find out FCA doesn’t have a remedy yet and to wait for a follow-up notice.

Meanwhile, quote: Wait for the possibility of a wheel stud to break and have the wheel separate from the vehicle.

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit and 50 Gallon auxiliary fuel tank.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  3. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

Got mine too, scared of their fix.

4. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  5. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AK Bob View Post
    Well I finally got my Y26 recall notice in the mail today only to find out FCA doesn’t have a remedy yet and to wait for a follow-up notice. Meanwhile, quote: Wait for the possibility of a wheel stud to break and have the wheel separate from the vehicle.

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit and 50 Gallon auxiliary fuel tank.

Maybe they'll just weld the wheel on.

Hey, it worked for the draglink - NOT.

2017 2500 Laramie: DRD Juiced, 5" TBE, Invisible EGR mod, BD Iron Horn 364sxe/1.0AR, 20x10 Hostile Sprockets, 33x12.50 General Grabber A/T, HID Conversion, Reverse Level 2" Drop CSS Rear Coils

6. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, AK Bob thanked for this post
  7. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 6.7 Coal Train View Post
    Maybe they'll just weld the wheel on.

Hey, it worked for the draglink - NOT.
    LOL, sounds about right!

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

8. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  9. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

Still no remedy yet!

Should receive another notification around December 28, 2021.

Also, see attached information for correct torque.

Quote: Dealers will update the torque specification in the owner's manual and other published service documents.

Dealers will also inspect the vehicle's wheel studs, replacing them if necessary, free of charge.

Owner notification letters were mailed on August 17, 2021.

Campaign Y26 owner notification letters are expected to be mailed on December 28, 2021.

Owners may contact FCA US customer service at 1-800-853-1403.

FCA US's numbers for this recall are Y26 and Y36.

Y36-21V-398.pdf

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

10. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  11. Top Of Page | #16
    Let's Go BRANDON!!! Patriot MotorSports's Avatar

User Info Menu

Someone beat me to it.

Three different trucks leased to me from Enterprise had the drag link come loose while driving!

At least I could identify the steering wheel was losing the "center" before the drag link separated altogether.

I saw a Gen4 two days ago on the side of the freeway with the link hanging on the ground, wheels in different directions, and while towing a reasonably heavy trailer.

12. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  13. Top Of Page | #17

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Patriot MotorSports View Post
    Someone beat me to it.

Three different trucks leased to me from Enterprise had the drag link come loose while driving!

At least I could identify the steering wheel was losing the "center" before the drag link separated altogether.

I saw a Gen4 two days ago on the side of the freeway with the link hanging on the ground, wheels in different directions, and while towing a reasonably heavy trailer.
    This recall Y26 & Y36 are for the wheel studs.

The drag link recall was V06.

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

14. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  15. Top Of Page | #18

User Info Menu

Update on the Y26 “Wheel Stud” safety recall.

I finally received my recall letter in the mail today.

I called my local dealership and scheduled an appointment for January 25th.

I will update again after that visit.

16. Thanks watersupply189, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  17. Top Of Page | #19

User Info Menu

I got the recall the other day. Since owning the truck, I've always modishly ugg dugga'd them and knock on wood have not had any issues.

Side note: I'm a mechanic for a living, my 2 cents I find it kind of funny with this recall as it seems like the TQ isn't the issue as much as I think they got some piss poor china metal studs at some time, and they break due to being made from melted down soda cans forged on a dirt floor.

16 3500 laramie qclb drw , aisin ,410, 285s and the normal stuff.
    15 2500 laramie qcsb ,G56, stuff fell off, valiar triple disc, studded, 35s ect

18. Top Of Page | #20

User Info Menu

Quick update on my Y26/Y36 recall.

After waiting four hours, the recall was performed.

No compromised wheel studs were found.

No label or card to correct the specifications listed in the user's guide was given or available.

I was informed by the service technician that I needed to cross out the information and write in 129 Ft-Lbs for my flanged lug nuts.

Since I have the Alcoa aluminum wheels, I asked about the re-torque requirement and was told that is the owner's responsibility.

So much for dealership customer service.

19. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast