Thanks Thanks:  19
Likes Likes:  38
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Poor Transmission Shifting - RaceME Ultra Box Tunes

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Re: Poor Transmission Shifting - RaceME Ultra Box Tunes

Quote Originally Posted by Roberto Fisherman View Post
    What about the key on every time you start your truck?

Does that reflash the ECM?

If a person wanted to rebuild a transmission, including changing clutch discs, would a reflash by going to stock and back to his custom tunes, avoid a quick learn, (but still requiring a transmission relearn) to not burn out the new clutch discs?

What would be the fastest reflash to the ECM without going from stock back to your custom setting to put the transmission into a relearn?
    The key on every time function does not reflash the ECM with a tune. It just loads a tune already flashed to the ECM, if that makes sense.

You can reflash the ECM without going back to stock - Reload your custom tune, and it will overwrite what is on the ECM.

Save that extra step of going back to stock.

Even if you quickly learn, as soon as you reload your tune, it resets the CVI values.

When I had my new trans installed, the dealer did the quick learn, but I reloaded my tunes and did my own transmission relearn.

2017 RAM 2500 Big Horn sport appearance package, Auto Level Rear Suspension, MM3 "switch" Fully deleted - tuned by DRD, Fleece Cheetah, Airaid Jr. CAI, 3.5" Banks Monster intake horn, Pusher Boost Tubes, 5" TBE with a Flo~Pro Twister muffler, *** EGR disappear kit, Black Market Performance CAT fuel filter and water separator, Black Market Performance fuel heater, Black Market Performance head studs, AFE deep trans pan, Revmax trans cooler bypass, Revmax HD Valve Body, DPC Low stall converter with billet flywheel, AFE pro series rear diff cover, Amsoil throughout provided by mcsynthetics.myamsoil.com

2. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MC250r719 View Post
    The key on every time function does not reflash the ECM with a tune. It just loads a tune already flashed to the ECM, if that makes sense.

You can reflash the ECM without going back to stock - Reload your custom tune, and it will overwrite what is on the ECM.

Save that extra step of going back to stock.

Even if you quickly learn, as soon as you reload your tune, it resets the CVI values.

When I had my new trans installed, the dealer did the quick learn, but I reloaded my tunes and did my own transmission relearn.
    Yes, it makes sense that they would do a quick learn after installing the transmission, (they would have no idea that you are going to reflash and even if they did, it would allow you to drive home without wearing out your clutch discs).

Then when you reflash the ECM, you would have to do a transmission relearn the long way, or what some people refer to as the normal way,

(I prefer to say the non quick learn..... LOL).

2016 Dodge Ram 3500,
    Smittybilt M1 bumper, turbo back exhaust, ARP HEAD STUDS, BD Diesel ProTect68 68RFE Gasket Plate Kit and BD deep trans pan, SCREAMER HE300VG Turbo, BD Diesel Exhaust Manifold, Monster-Ram® Intake System 3.5-inch, Banks Air filter, BD Grid heater delete, RaceMe Ultra, tunes supplied by DRD.

3. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  4. Top Of Page | #13

I am having the same problems with my tuner.

I need to get custom tunes for my RaceME Ultra.

Who should I contact?

5. Thanks AK Bob, IGOTACUMMINS, Corkey thanked for this post
  6. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BigCountry72 View Post
    I am having the exact same problems with my tuner . And need to get custom tunes for my race me ultra who should I contact?
    If you become a Platinum Plus member, it will significantly benefit you.

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

7. Thanks watersupply189, IGOTACUMMINS, Corkey thanked for this post
  8. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

I have a 2015 RAM 2500 with the same trans, and when I installed my RaceME tune, it did the same thing.

I got a tune from DRD that cured all the problems, so try it out!

9. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12