Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  15

Thread: Calling All Who Have Compounds For The 6.7L - Go!

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Calling All Who Have Compounds For The 6.7L - Go!

So thanks for looking at my post.

I am looking to go compounds for my 17 Ram 6.7L.

I want low-end torque and high-end power.

I would like to have an Instant boost with Low EGT's and 1 to 1 drive pressures.

I am thinking of going 62/74/ .80a/r with S474 or S480.

Anyone with compounds, I would like your take on what setup you like best and any thoughts or suggestions you might give.

Thanks.

17' 2500 Crew Cab 4x4 6.7L with MM3 by Tyler at T&K Performance , Revmax 700 68RFE , Industrial Injection Silver 69 Turblower, BBI Stage 1.5 injectors, Fleece PowerFlo 750 CP3, Fleece PowerFlo lift pump ARP 625 head studs, Hamilton Valve Springs & Pushrods FLEECE POWERFLOW 10MM coming off this weekend and S&S 12mm going on..

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Calling All Who Have Compounds For The 6.7L - Go!

My buddy had 2016 with an S369sxe over a 6 blade s480 with 100% overs shes was pretty good, but the stock bottom end only held for about 8 months.

You may want to swap your converter.

Talk to Revmax about your converter ultra-low stall is more meant towards a stock-ish turbo setup.

2014 ram slt. 6.8L, s472, ddp supermental 150%'s, 12mm CP3, fleece powerflo, stage 2 d&j head, revmax 700,

4. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, AK Bob, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3
    Permanent Vacation Chrisn162001's Avatar

User Info Menu

I haven’t personally run compounds on a 6.7L yet.

I have installed compounds on a few 6.7L trucks, though.

All were s300 secondary S400 primary.

If and when I set up compounds on my truck, I would do S464 over S480.

I like the s400 more than the S300 frame for reliability.

The only thing I would suggest is to get a set of rods.

Or pay attention to cold start misfires before you throw a rod throw the block.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, AK Bob, watersupply189 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

I’ve got a 12 that’s compounded with an s363/475, and it pulls like a train.

The only issue I’ve had with it is on low boost 5-10, and it will surge for a min if I’m lugging it while speeding up loaded heavy.

I just put in some 45 over injectors and a 10mm CP3 but currently trying to get it returned, and Kory Willis won’t touch it anymore.

I’ve had this setup for 2 years with stock injectors and a built trans.

8. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, AK Bob, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

@Chrisf90, I am trying to educate myself on the best compound setup that will yield off idle spool up or spool above 1250 quickly and make good power up top.

I have an Industrial Injection Silver bullet 62 to use as a secondary or aka manifold charger. It is built on an s330 frame with a 62mm billet compressor wheel and 74 turbine with .80 a/r exhaust housing 14cm wastegate at 40psi.

I never had a great stock spool up with the factory VGT holeset charger.

Although the factory charger never spooled well, even with modest fuel thrown at it, it never threw a check engine light for a low boost.

I really think the factory VGT solenoid was not performing correctly with only 52,000 miles on the truck.

Unlike my 2017 6.7L Cummins with the stock turbo, the 5.9L would spool so fast with a bully dog 90 hp programmer, and it would out spool this 6.7L hands down comparing factory turbochargers.

I'm just looking to get that quick spool up of the 5.9 with lower EGTs but have great power up top.

I hear of many here on the forums having great results with compounds on the 6.7L, but I wonder if the 6.7L can even spool near as well as my 5.9L.

When I upgraded my 05 5.9 to the silver bullet 62, it was a monster and very fast spool and made tons of power and 60psi of boost.

Does anyone know how to get a 6.7 to spool out of the hole like a 5.9?

I am more concerned about ROLL IN THROTTLE, and when I am running 55 mph at 1500 rpm, I would like to push the accelerator and light the turbo like the 5.9 would do.

17' 2500 Crew Cab 4x4 6.7L with MM3 by Tyler at T&K Performance , Revmax 700 68RFE , Industrial Injection Silver 69 Turblower, BBI Stage 1.5 injectors, Fleece PowerFlo 750 CP3, Fleece PowerFlo lift pump ARP 625 head studs, Hamilton Valve Springs & Pushrods FLEECE POWERFLOW 10MM coming off this weekend and S&S 12mm going on..

10. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post