Thanks Thanks:  11
Likes Likes:  25

Thread: Front End Rebuild

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Front End Rebuild

Well, I was going to sell my truck but have decided to keep her.

So after 280000 miles, I need to rebuild the front end.

The only thing that has been replaced is the track bar which was about 20000 miles ago.

I seem to have a bad bushing in one of the radius arms, so I need to change those as well.

What is suggested for aftermarket parts for a non-lifted stock 2015 4X4 3500 DRW?

2015 3500 Mega DRW Aisan Deep Cherry Red

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, watersupply189, AK Bob liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Front End Rebuild

Quote Originally Posted by boatman22 View Post
    Well, I was going to sell my truck but have decided to keep her.

The only thing that has been replaced is the track bar which was about 20000 miles ago.

I seem to have a bad bushing in one of the radius arms, so I need to change those as well.

What is suggested for aftermarket parts for a non-lifted stock 2015 4X4 3500 DRW?
    I so far have used all Carlie parts.

Their ball joints, although expensive, have a lifetime warranty on them.

They install real easily.

I also have the track bar installed, and it has been great.

I just bought their leveling springs for the front, along with the tuned shocks and sway bar.

I went with the synergy one for the tie rod and drag link, and for the rear, I got the add-a-packs with the long travel airbags.

I'll have to let you know how that goes once I finish the install.

2012 RAM 2500 Crew Cab SLT 6.7L.

4. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, AK Bob, watersupply189 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Well, I would sell my truck but have decided to keep her.

You can't go wrong with anything Carli or Thuren when it comes to suspension.

Yes, they're more pricey than others, but the quality is top-notch, and the ride quality is greatly improved.

As for ball joints, I would recommend Carli, Dynatrac, or EMF. Carli BJ's are the priciest, but as @f18framer noted they have a lifetime warranty.

I run the EMFs and have zero complaints, plus they can be rebuilt on the truck (like the Dynatracs) without pressing them out should they need to be done.

Stock control arms have nongreaseable vulcanized (rubber) bushings which IMO are garbage.

Again I would suggest Carli or Thuren's arms as they have greaseable joints and far stronger.

With the number of miles on your truck, it may be worth replacing the draglink and tie rod, but who knows, they may still be fine.

Synergy makes a great heavy-duty replacement that I plan on purchasing at some point.

2009 RAM 2500 QC | 68RFE | Revmax HD Valve Body | Revmax Custom TCM | DRD Tuned | Mag-Hytec Trans Pan | 4" Flo~Pro TBE w/30" FTE Resonator | FASS 165 w/Beans Sump | S&B CAI | 3.5" Banks Monster Ram | 18x9 Method NV Wheels | 35" BFG KO2 AT | 3" Thuren Coils | Thuren Fox 2.0 IFP Shocks | Thuren Sway Bar | Carli Track Bar | Carli Ext. Control Arms | Carli Add-A-Pack | EMF Ball Joints

6. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, watersupply189, AK Bob liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Thanks for the info, guys.

I have decided to go with the Carli BJ's and Synergy DL and tie rod.

I do wish I could replace the bushing in the radius arm.

I can't believe I have to buy complete arms at almost $1500 for a bad bushing.

I will update you when the fun starts.

8. Thanks AK Bob, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, AK Bob, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Thanks for the info, guys.

I have decided to go with the Carli BJ's and Synergy DL and tie rod. I do wish I could replace the bushing in the radius arm.

I can't believe I have to buy complete arms at almost $1500 for a bad bushing.

I will update you when the fun starts.
    You can replace the bushings, but I would rather replace the arms completely for a stronger grease-able pair.

Yea, it’s more money, but I think you’d be happier in the end.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2009 RAM 2500 QC | 68RFE | Revmax HD Valve Body | Revmax Custom TCM | DRD Tuned | Mag-Hytec Trans Pan | 4" Flo~Pro TBE w/30" FTE Resonator | FASS 165 w/Beans Sump | S&B CAI | 3.5" Banks Monster Ram | 18x9 Method NV Wheels | 35" BFG KO2 AT | 3" Thuren Coils | Thuren Fox 2.0 IFP Shocks | Thuren Sway Bar | Carli Track Bar | Carli Ext. Control Arms | Carli Add-A-Pack | EMF Ball Joints

10. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes AK Bob, IGOTACUMMINS, watersupply189 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Completely off topic, but that boat is sick.

2017 2500 Laramie: DRD Juiced, 5" TBE, Invisible EGR mod, BD Iron Horn 364sxe/1.0AR, 20x10 Hostile Sprockets, 33x12.50 General Grabber A/T, HID Conversion, Reverse Level 2" Drop CSS Rear Coils

12. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, AK Bob, watersupply189 liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 6.7 Coal Train View Post
    Completely off topic, but that boat is sick.
    Thanks.

14. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, AK Bob, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

I fully rebuilt my front end with aftermarket parts, and it drives like a dream.

Got the full Carli front-end setup with Synergy HD steering kit and a new redhead gearbox.

You'll be pleased with the results.

'08 | G56 | Carli 3" | Carli Axle Truss | BDS Adjustable Traction Bars | BDS Steering Brace | Red-head Gearbox | Synergy HD Steering | Banks Cold Air Intake | Banks Intake Manifold | Steedspeed Exhaust Manifold | Grid Heater Delete | Fleece Cheetah Turbo | Fleece Fuel Filter Delete | Fass 165gph System | Fass Fuel Heater Disc | Fass Fuel Sump | EFI Live | Fuel Revolver Wheels | 35" BFG All-Terrains

16. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post