Thanks Thanks:  7
Likes Likes:  8

Thread: Crank With No Start - P0341

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Crank With No Start - P0341

I just put in new valve springs and pushrods.

Everything went smoothly, and I got it back together and started up ran fine for about 1-2 minutes, then shut off for no reason and would not start back up.

It has raw fuel smell and sounds like a fuel knock and a P0341 code; no other codes put in a new sensor (had a brand new one from extra parts on another Cummins) and still the same thing.

I checked for the 5v reference at sensor was in spec at 4.2v.

If anyone has any info that may help to get it going, please let me know.

2. Likes AK Bob liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Crank With No Start - P0341

See attached.

Hopefully, this will help to troubleshoot.

P0341.pdf

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit and 50 Gallon auxiliary fuel tank.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

4. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Thank you.

I just went through every step, and it all came out in spec, and I’m at a loss still won’t start.

6. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Crank With No Start - P0341

Quote Originally Posted by Tiggerog View Post
    Thank you.

I just went through every step, and it all came out in spec, and I’m at a loss still won’t start.
    Do you have between 5-6K of rail pressure while cranking?

Did you remove the injector tubes and possibly forget to re-torque them?

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit and 50 Gallon auxiliary fuel tank.

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

8. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Thank you.

Did you find the problem?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

I did. I had my scan tool with me and was only getting 20-75 psi rail pressure and a constant white smoke with raw fuel, so I had unplugged the injectors and was still smoking, which would mean I have a stuck open injector.

I'm going to see if anyone at my old job at the Cummins dealer can let me borrow the rail caps to isolate the injectors and replace that stuck open.

12. Thanks AK Bob, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes AK Bob, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

I did.

I had my scan tool with me and was only getting 20-75 psi rail pressure and a constant white smoke with raw fuel, so I had unplugged the injectors and was still smoking, which would mean I have a stuck open injector.

I'm going to see if anyone at my old job at the Cummins dealer can let me borrow the rail caps to isolate the injectors and replace that stuck open.
    That makes sense, good plan!

14. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post