Quote Originally Posted by Jhobbes04 View Post
Akbob

So would buying the alpha software and an OBD plug be cheaper and easier than getting someone near me to diagnose it?

Or is that software pretty complex?

Also, I took a picture of my MM3 screen showing rail pressure.

I was trying to watch it climb, and it looked like it was pretty close till I saw the max recorded numbers.

See below

Attachment 13194
Drain both fuel filters(rid of any possible remaining water) and replace both filters is what I'd do first. Does the smoke you're seeing smell like raw fuel? You'll notice a difference between the smell of burnt fuel(soot) and raw unburnt fuel(leaking injector). You can also check your oil to see if it's making oil(leaking injector(s)). Leaking injectors can end up doing more harm if it washes your cylinders.

Quote Originally Posted by AK Bob View Post
I see your actual “Rail Pressure” is over 5,000psi below desired. Mine is usually within 300psi.

Hopefully, someone more knowledgeable will shed some light on this.

If you go with Alfa ODB software, you will also need an ODBLink MX+ Bluetooth adapter, so you will be looking at around $160; however, we still need confirmation that it will perform the contribution test on your 2016.

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit and 50 Gallon auxiliary fuel tank.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Are looking at the same pic or did I overlook one? His rail pressure is spot on between actual vs desired.