Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  9

Thread: Toyo/Nitto RT

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Toyo/Nitto RT

I am looking at going with either the Toyo or Nitto RT tire next for my 3rd Gen.

I currently have patriot MT on it, and I’ve been happy with them.

The truck sees many highways, 34 miles to work every third day, plus trips to the coast at about (50-65 miles one way) once per week.

I’m considering the r/t because I like the aggressive looks, but I also need a little more traction off-road than an AT tire can provide.

My list of tires currently considering has been narrowed down to the Toyo or nitto Rt.

I’ll be running them in 37x13.5r20 and more than likely load range F.

My biggest question is one of them is reported to have a two-ply sidewall while the other has a 3.

I’ve heard it stated multiple ways and can’t find this info anywhere, so which one has the 3-ply?

How do you guys like these tires?

04 3500 SRW 4x4. 4.5" icon stage 5 w/ full progressive rear leaf and 2.5 shocks, 20x9 procomp alloys, 37x13.50R20 Baja boss A/T, synergy steering, ARP headstuds, flopro 4” stainless, coolant bypass, oil bypass, smarty touch w/ custom tuning, fleece powerflo 750 CP3, fleece 2nd gen swap w/ AFE stainless manifold and s463, II 100hp injectors, AFE intercooler, pusher mega Intake with cross-air and mega tubes, fass titanium 165, Precision 48RE w/ billet upgrades and valve body, DPC 1800 stall billet triple disc, talon custom front/rear driveshafts, 4.11 gears. Fab fours black steel bumpers ~20 hwy ~17 city

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, watersupply189, AK Bob liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Toyo/Nitto RT

I have the Toyo MT, and it has a 3 ply sidewall.

I really like mine, but they do tend to be a bit noisy on the highway.

Mine is the stock size for 20" rims.

So far, the tread life has been good, off-road traction is great, and I have not had balancing issues I have seen with less expensive tire brands. Both the Nitto and Toyo are well-rated around here.

2018 Ram 3500 (Aisin) Laramie 4X4 CCSB White/Silver.
    2018 Mustang GT Lightning Blue 6 spd manual.
    2021 Charger GT AWD Triple Nickel/Black

4. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, AK Bob, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Re: Toyo/Nitto RT

I have the 37 inch Toyo R/T on mine so far, so good.

I love the looks of them, and they look plenty aggressive.

I'm running all 4 with 45 psi.

2018 Ram 2500 Big Horn / 4x4 / CC / 68RFE / 20" Fuel Triton wheels / Toyo RT 37"s / 5" Rough Country Lift / 5" Straight / Studded / CCV Gutted (Reroute) / S&B CAI / Airdog 165 4g II / G&R Sump / Isspro Fuel Pressure gauge (Lift pump) / Isspro Pyrometer / Pacbrake Oil Filter Re-Location / Amp'd Throttle Booster / Raceme Ultra Drd Tunes / Airlift 7500 Bags / B&W Turn Over Ball

6. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, TK666, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post