Thanks Thanks:  6
Likes Likes:  14
Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Fuel Filter Bypass

  1. Top Of Page | #1
    Stewbuntu's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Fuel Filter Bypass

    Update - Do any of the kits come with the oem push to connect connectors for plug and play? This talks about the issue I see of the incomplete kits being sold. I need a hose/ connectors for 2012.

    Hose: (scroll to the bottom of the website)- http://m.dieselfuelfilterkits.com/si...fuel-kits#2685

    My 2012 looks like the setup in this video so I'm not sure why the kit above wouldn't work.



    Original: Please tell me about the different types of fuel canister bypass kits and which is the best or why one is better than another.

    So I deleted my fuel filter and added the dual filter setup inside the frame of the truck.

    So I drained and then put the cap back on my fuel filter canister.

    The o-ring must have folded over when being tightened, and it caused a leak right after I did everything.

    I fixed that with a new o-ring from a new filter kit and didn't tighten it as much.

    It then came loose a little bit and started to leak, so I tightened it some more.

    I have almost rounded off the cap because whoever did the last change at the dealer must have rounded it a little bit.

    I'm thinking rather than relying on that cheap o-ring, it might be better to put in a filter bypass delete kit, and I know nothing about them.

    Still, it looks like you use the OEM connectors that go onto the canister and disconnect it to an aluminum device.

    Thanks, guys!!!!

    Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

    2012 2500 ST w/ manmual 4x4 from the auction w 16k miles - Upgrades so far - Leather, LED bed lights, HID projectors, Nav = Appradio3 w ARU unchained reloaded full touch screencast & tailgate handle backup camera, homemade front hitch and reciever w 12k lb winch, reverse lights, soft open tailgate, transfercase linkage mod, Ultra and deletes, folding back seat mod, Kicker hideaway under drivers seat, Fumoto valve and safety clip, new warrantied turbo at 16k. Rocker Aux panel switches, Ford fold away bed extender, inverter outlet mod, soon an overhead console. Pulling a 2001 Prokat 2200WA around on my days off.

  2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, SyN thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, watersupply189, SyN, AK Bob liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2
    DANG IT'S COLD! AK Bob's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Re: Fuel Filter Bypass

    Quote Originally Posted by Stewbuntu View Post
    Please tell me about the different types of fuel canister bypass kits and which is the best or why one is better than another.

    So I deleted my fuel filter and added the dual filter setup inside the frame of the truck.

    So I drained and then put the cap back on my fuel filter canister.

    The o-ring must have folded over when being tightened, and it caused a leak right after I did everything.

    I fixed that with a new o-ring from a new filter kit and didn't tighten it as much.

    It then came loose a little bit and started to leak, so I tightened it some more.

    I have almost rounded off the cap because whoever did the last change at the dealer must have rounded it a little bit.

    I'm thinking rather than relying on that cheap o-ring, it might be better to put in a filter bypass delete kit, and I know nothing about them.

    Still, it looks like you use the OEM connectors that go onto the canister and disconnect it to an aluminum device.

    Thanks, guys!!!!

    Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk
    Fleece makes a nice inexpensive front filter delete kit for your 2012, 2500 see link below.

    https://www.thoroughbreddiesel.com/ffd-ro-4g/


    2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit and 50 Gallon auxiliary fuel tank.

    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

    2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. MM3 Tuned by Double R Diesel. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

  4. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, watersupply189 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3
    Stewbuntu's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Re: Fuel Filter Bypass

    Quote Originally Posted by AK Bob View Post
    Fleece makes a nice inexpensive front filter delete kit for your 2012, 2500 see link below.

    https://www.thoroughbreddiesel.com/ffd-ro-4g/


    2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit and 50 Gallon auxiliary fuel tank.

    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    What type of push to connect connectors do I need?

    Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

    2012 2500 ST w/ manmual 4x4 from the auction w 16k miles - Upgrades so far - Leather, LED bed lights, HID projectors, Nav = Appradio3 w ARU unchained reloaded full touch screencast & tailgate handle backup camera, homemade front hitch and reciever w 12k lb winch, reverse lights, soft open tailgate, transfercase linkage mod, Ultra and deletes, folding back seat mod, Kicker hideaway under drivers seat, Fumoto valve and safety clip, new warrantied turbo at 16k. Rocker Aux panel switches, Ford fold away bed extender, inverter outlet mod, soon an overhead console. Pulling a 2001 Prokat 2200WA around on my days off.

  6. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, IGOTACUMMINS, AK Bob liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4
    DANG IT'S COLD! AK Bob's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Re: Fuel Filter Bypass

    Quote Originally Posted by Stewbuntu View Post
    What type of push to connect connectors do I need?

    Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk
    Looks like if you are still running the stock lift pump you will need to add a line from the braided OEM supply line to the CP3 pump.

    The video mentioned a 3/8” fuel line with 3/8” Push Connect on one end and a 5/16” Push Connect on the other.

    I am guessing your 2012 is the same.


    2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit and 50 Gallon auxiliary fuel tank.

    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

    2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. MM3 Tuned by Double R Diesel. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

  8. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5
    VENDOR cumminsdieselfreak's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    2018 Ram 2500 4x4 G56
    Romans 10:13

    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    joe@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com


  10. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes AK Bob, IGOTACUMMINS, watersupply189 liked this post

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •