Thanks Thanks:  8
Likes Likes:  11

Thread: 2004.5 Dodge RAM - Lower Control Arm Cam Bolt?

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

2004.5 Dodge RAM - Lower Control Arm Cam Bolt?

I have a 2004.5 Dodge RAM 3500 SRW.

I have a 6" synergy lift, which they don't make anymore.

I am currently running the long arm kit and just purchased new coil springs/full progressive spring leaf packs/ long travel airbags/ fox shocks, 2.5 reservoir shocks, etc., to sweeten it up a little bit.

I have my 2019 RAM as well, so taking my time to really do it up.

Just something super special this truck.

My control arms have the stepped cam bolt eliminator from synergy; being the control arms are adjustable, it's not needed per synergy.

My question is, if I were to use the cam bolts, how would I set them?

How do they work?

I tend to want to learn about things when I come across them.

I've checked the ram service manual, and it mentions them but doesn't have any information on how to adjust them or figure out exactly where the axle should be.

I plan to use this knowledge as my buddy has his truck at my house doing the same thing, but he will put new Metalcloak control arms on his 3rd Gen and will still be using the cam bolts.

The only suspension difference is that his truck is a 2500 with a 4.5" lift (unsure of the manufacturer); any help is appreciated!

04 3500 SRW 4x4. 4.5" icon stage 5 w/ full progressive rear leaf and 2.5 shocks, 20x9 procomp alloys, 37x13.50R20 Baja boss A/T, synergy steering, ARP headstuds, flopro 4” stainless, coolant bypass, oil bypass, smarty touch w/ custom tuning, fleece powerflo 750 CP3, fleece 2nd gen swap w/ AFE stainless manifold and s463, II 100hp injectors, AFE intercooler, pusher mega Intake with cross-air and mega tubes, fass titanium 165, Precision 48RE w/ billet upgrades and valve body, DPC 1800 stall billet triple disc, talon custom front/rear driveshafts, 4.11 gears. Fab fours black steel bumpers ~20 hwy ~17 city

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, watersupply189, AK Bob liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: 2004.5 Dodge RAM - Lower Control Arm Cam Bolt?

Quote Originally Posted by KiloCummins04 View Post

I am currently running the long arm kit and just purchased new coil springs/full progressive spring leaf packs/ long travel airbags/ fox shocks, 2.5 reservoir shocks, etc., to sweeten it up a little bit.

My control arms have the stepped cam bolt eliminator from synergy; being the control arms are adjustable, it's not needed per synergy.

How do they work?

I've checked the ram service manual, and it mentions them but doesn't have any information on how to adjust them or figure out exactly where the axle should be.

I plan to use this knowledge as my buddy has his truck at my house doing the same thing, but he will put new Metalcloak control arms on his 3rd Gen and will still be using the cam bolts.

The only suspension difference is that his truck is a 2500 with a 4.5" lift (unsure of the manufacturer); any help is appreciated!
    @DDP

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab
    Cummins,G56, Rough Country level, Morimoto LED fog lights, LED headlights, Lund Attitude Steps sprayed with Line-X, DRL's Activated, 35x12.50R18 Falken Wildpeak ATW3, Fuel Vapor Wheels Matte Black w/Dark Tint, A.R.E. Truck cap and swing boxes

4. Thanks DDP, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes DDP, IGOTACUMMINS, AK Bob liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by watersupply189 View Post
    @DDP

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thank you so much!

Quote Originally Posted by KiloCummins04 View Post

How do they work?

I plan to use this knowledge as my buddy has his truck at my house doing the same thing, but he will put new Metalcloak control arms on his 3rd Gen and still use the cam bolts.

Hey, bud, so to clear things up, your 2019 RAM is stock, or does it have the lift on it?

There is definitely a lot to learn when it comes to those cam bolts, and it plays a decent role in alignment.

If you question what and how to lift/level your 2019, we can most definitely get you squared away with some awesome brands, including Thuren, Carli, Synergy, BDS, and more.

I’ll shoot you a message so we can get into some detail!

Clayton

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

6. Thanks watersupply189, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, IGOTACUMMINS, AK Bob liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

https://www.cjcoffroad.com/Articles.asp?ID=258

I found this article which helps explain a lot of this stuff.

I was mostly just curious what everything did, how it worked, and what adjustments needed to be made.

I only found one place that could align a truck with 37s within 50 miles, and I knew I could get it reasonably close, at least, before sending it off.

If anyone else has questions, I hope this helps

04 3500 SRW 4x4. 4.5" icon stage 5 w/ full progressive rear leaf and 2.5 shocks, 20x9 procomp alloys, 37x13.50R20 Baja boss A/T, synergy steering, ARP headstuds, flopro 4” stainless, coolant bypass, oil bypass, smarty touch w/ custom tuning, fleece powerflo 750 CP3, fleece 2nd gen swap w/ AFE stainless manifold and s463, II 100hp injectors, AFE intercooler, pusher mega Intake with cross-air and mega tubes, fass titanium 165, Precision 48RE w/ billet upgrades and valve body, DPC 1800 stall billet triple disc, talon custom front/rear driveshafts, 4.11 gears. Fab fours black steel bumpers ~20 hwy ~17 city

8. Thanks watersupply189, Compton thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, Compton liked this post