Thanks Thanks:  16
Likes Likes:  41

Thread: DPS S467.7 Turbinator For The 6.7L Cummins

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Re: DPS S467.7 Turbinator For The 6.7L Cummins

You feel like a full turbo downsize will be cheaper with better results than just going to a.

VGT turbonator housing on the turbo I have?

I do a lot of towing long distances, but when not traveling, most of my miles are still on the interstate, just with no load.

I'm trying to balance towing without too much strain on the truck and enjoy driving it when I'm not working.

I have lifetime tuning with GDP, so getting a return is no issue.

No cost issue, at least, and getting GDP on the phone and getting the tune from them is a different story.

One more side note you mentioned about the WC Fab kit: I frequently have issues with it are constant boot and t-bolt adjustment due to boost leaks from misalignment between my turbo and intercooler.

I've tried clocking the housing and switching from WC fab boots to high-pressure silicone to silicone intake.

Different brands and different lengths seem not to make much difference.

The other issue is my air filter of the WC Fab is not in a box due to room under the hood, so the fan and belt throw dirt, dust, and debris directly onto the air filter, causing it to need cleaning much more often than most.

I would love to hear from anyone who has tried the turbonator VGT housing on a similar size turbo.

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, IGOTACUMMINS, AK Bob liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: DPS S467.7 Turbinator For The 6.7L Cummins

Quote Originally Posted by Jsexton22 View Post
    You feel like a full turbo downsize will be cheaper with better results than just going to a.

VGT turbonator housing on the turbo I have?

I do a lot of towing long distances, but when not traveling, most of my miles are still on the interstate, just with no load.

I'm trying to balance towing without too much strain on the truck and enjoy driving it when I'm not working.

I have lifetime tuning with GDP, so getting a return is no issue.

No cost issue, at least, and getting GDP on the phone and getting the tune from them is a different story.

One more side note you mentioned about the WC Fab kit: I frequently have issues with it are constant boot and t-bolt adjustment due to boost leaks from misalignment between my turbo and intercooler.

I've tried clocking the housing and switching from WC fab boots to high-pressure silicone to silicone intake.

Different brands and different lengths seem not to make much difference.

The other issue is my air filter of the WC Fab is not in a box due to room under the hood, so the fan and belt throw dirt, dust, and debris directly onto the air filter, causing it to need cleaning much more often than most.

I would love to hear from anyone who has tried the turbonator VGT housing on a similar size turbo.
    I don't see the point of adding the complexity of a VGT housing, it's just a bandaid for your oversized turbo.

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk

4. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, AK Bob, watersupply189 liked this post