Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ext cab door wont open

1. Top Of Page | #11
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Yeah it's pretty simple. The back door inner handle takes a couple torx screws and it will pull out of the door. then you can see the rods and the cable without taking the panel off. Pull the cable. its like a brake cable on a bike. That is what opened mine. Then I got my fingers under the plastic of the inner door and gave a quick tug and they all started to pop off. Be carefull though there may be a couple screws in the little black pocket under the window. Take those out. pop all the way around the outside and it will pop right off. I pulled all the tabs out of the door and slid them back into the panel so reinstall would be easier. Putting it back on is just as simple. Line up the holes with the clips and smack the panel. It should pop in the holes. If you can't get it off let me know and I'll take some pics for ya

2. Top Of Page | #12
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Awsome bigtman07 ill try tht n a little bit...thanks for the info!

3. Top Of Page | #13
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

No problem bud. Glad to help

4. Top Of Page | #14
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Finally got door to open. I wound up haveing to bully my way into bottom of door. The lock was frozen open but was also frozen to my truck. Acouple donkey kicks and she opened up.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12