Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ext cab door wont open

1. Top Of Page | #1
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Ext cab door wont open

My ext cab passenger side door refuses to open. Was like that when i got the truck so i have no idea what happened to it before me. Any thought or ideas on how to get this dagum thing open please let me know.thnx

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Take the inner panel off and see if the latch is operating

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

3. Top Of Page | #3
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

The bottom isnt operating at all, just wondering how others have solved it...i dont wanna pull the panel cuz the trucks old and im sure it wont go back on whn all the plastic thingys break off

4. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Sorry My magic wand is at the shop for a brake job.

If you want to fix it, the panel has to come off. The rod is probably disconnected. You can get new clips. Just be careful

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

5. Top Of Page | #5
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Still never got my wand, backorder they said LOL...i took the door handle out and was messin with the rods they seem to be connected..clips was the word i was lookin for thnx..ill just have to break sum stuff tmrw screw it!

6. Top Of Page | #6
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Polaraco u were in vietnam?

7. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

he live in Jersey I here its worse LOL

8. Top Of Page | #8
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Lean your shoulder into real hard while pulling the handle. That's what's worked on all the stubborn ones I've encountered

9. Top Of Page | #9
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

When mine got stuck i pulled the lever assembly off and pulled the cable manually. It opened my door. Then I could pop the panel off and get in there to find a loose bolt cause my issue. Hope you get it sorted out.

10. Top Of Page | #10
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Thanx bigtman07 ill give it a shot as soon as i get home..was it easy to get the panel back on?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast