Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  22

Thread: P0933 - P0935 - Codes - 2014 RAM 2500 Laramie

1. Top Of Page | #1

P0933 - P0935 - Codes - 2014 RAM 2500 Laramie

Hello everyone, I could really use some input from some of the more knowledgeable people on this site when it comes to transmissions.

I own a '14 2500 Laramie with the old reliable 68RFE.

I replaced the valve body 2 weeks ago with a Revmax, replaced the factory exhaust turbo back, and tuned it with DRD.

Since replacing the valve body, whenever I come to a stop, the truck will more often than not try to lunge forward; it feels like it can't find neutral and is stuck in 1st or 2nd gear.

It doesn't do this every time but about 60% of the time. Most of the time, if I press hard on the brake pedal, it manages to go into neutral after a second or 2, but on occasion, I have had to throw it into neutral.

The MM3 has thrown up the P0933 and P0935 codes twice now, which I know is the pressure sensor that I'm hoping is my only problem.

My question is, has anyone else here had this problem, and what was the most common way to resolve it.

This did start happening before the tuner install, and currently, I have almost 200 miles on the truck since replacing the valve body.

When I clear the codes, I have noticed that it seems not to lunge as hard, almost to disappear temporarily.

I'm planning on ordering the sensor, but I just wanted a little input beforehand.

I appreciate your time and any help/advice.

2. Likes watersupply189, AK Bob liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: P0933 - P0935 - Codes - 2014 RAM 2500 Laramie

I'm not sure what you mean can't find neutral at a stop.

The brakes don't put any auto trans in neutral at a stop.

Fix your pressure switch or whatever is throwing those codes, and then see how it acts.

A truck with a feeling like it wants to go sounds like a torque converter issue to me.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

2015 Black Laramie CCSB 3500 SRW. Thuren Leveled With Fox 2.0 Shocks. Ride Rite Rear Air Bags With Wireless Airlift Onboard Air. 35" Toyos. All The Options Minus The Soot Cookers. RaceMe Ultra.

4. Likes watersupply189, AK Bob liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Also, check your fluid level and make sure it is correct.

There's a real good chart online somewhere; if you Google 68RFE fluid check, it will show you a dipstick and where the fluid should be on the stick per transmission temperature.

So set your MM3 to read trans temp.

Make sure proper level on dipstick according to that temp.

Also, could it be a stuck valve?

Always check over the simple stuff first.

2015 Black Laramie CCSB 3500 SRW. Thuren Leveled With Fox 2.0 Shocks. Ride Rite Rear Air Bags With Wireless Airlift Onboard Air. 35" Toyos. All The Options Minus The Soot Cookers. RaceMe Ultra.

6. Likes watersupply189, AK Bob liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

It could also be a filter problem.

Either a bad filter or the seal not installed properly.

Either will cause the torque converter not to unlock.

I've had it happen due to a bad filter, and it would lunge forward just as I was coming to a stop.

8. Likes RATLIN'HP, watersupply189, AK Bob liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

I ordered the sensor, and it will be here on Tues.

I will look up the fluid level; currently, when the trans is cold, it is right at the top of where it is supposed to be when cold.

If the sensor doesn't fix the problem, I guess I'll have to drop the pan again to check the filters, but I'm hoping to avoid that.

I just got back from a short ride with my trailer attached, and with the tow/haul engaged, it really didn't try to push me at all.

Weird!

10. Likes watersupply189, AK Bob liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Not a big fan of a cold check.

It's sometimes hard to even get much heat built up for a hot check.

That's why I think this little chart helps.

12. Thanks Skywrench thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, AK Bob liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #7

I have the same two codes P0933 and P0935 when I get a shutter from 3rd to 4th change and fourth the fifth change.

Ats had me unplugged the co-pilot and do their bypass and also had me removed the whole harness and then run it that way.

I've had no change I've even replaced the sensor with OEM from the dealer.

They have also sent me a new solenoid pack and I have had that replaced as long as with my filters and fluid.

Codes still come on truck still has the shutter.

Now they seem to push me back a little bit longer to wait for a transmission that they say It can't be their trans.

This is all in 6,000 miles on the transmission.

I am now at 7800 miles because I have to use this vehicle for work.

Anyone has any ideas.

Truck 2016 4x4 68RFE

Last edited by Adams David; 11-06-2021 at 02:33 PM. Reason: Adding vehicle.info

14. Likes AK Bob, watersupply189 liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Adams David View Post
    I have the same two codes P0933 and P0935 when I get a shutter from 3rd to 4th change and fourth the fifth change.

Ats had me unplugged the co-pilot and do their bypass and also had me removed the whole harness and then run it that way.

I've had no change I've even replaced the sensor with OEM from the dealer.

They have also sent me a new solenoid pack and I have had that replaced as long as with my filters and fluid.

Codes still come on truck still has the shutter.

Now they seem to push me back a little bit longer to wait for a transmission that they say It can't be their trans.

This is all in 6,000 miles on the transmission.

I am now at 7800 miles because I have to use this vehicle for work.

Anyone has any ideas.

Truck 2016 4x4 68RFE
    Based on what you have replaced, I would check the wiring between the line pressure sensor and the PCM.

Check the sensor signal wire (T38), sensor ground wire (K400) and the 5V reference (F856).

I have attached some information on both codes, but I would concentrate on P0935 first as it may be causing the P0933.

I have also attached a screenshot of the pressure sensor circuit as the diagram in the P0935 attachment does not show the part of the circuit it’s referencing.

Hope this helps.

P0935.pdf

P0933.pdf

68 RFE.jpg

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

16. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  17. Top Of Page | #9

I just got a call from a shop.

The wiring checks out okay.

They also stated that a clutch pack slipping could set those codes.

Guess I'm going to continue to wait past my quote time for a transmission replacement.

18. Thanks AK Bob, IGOTACUMMINS, watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes AK Bob, IGOTACUMMINS, watersupply189 liked this post
  19. Top Of Page | #10

Well, one month ago finally got a replacement trans from ATS.

One out and shipped back.

I just barely had time to get a new one put in.

Night and day.

No issues, codes are all.

IT TURNS OUT like I said and tested, and a shop wiring was perfect.

20. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, AK Bob, watersupply189 liked this post