Thanks Thanks:  16
Likes Likes:  66
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Complete Audio System Replacement

1. Top Of Page | #31

User Info Menu

Re: Complete Audio System Replacement

Welp.

I’m at a standstill until I can figure out how the hell these knobs come off the stock face so o can transfer it to the new metro unit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #32

User Info Menu

Re: Complete Audio System Replacement

Alright, I got them off, and now some of the buttons stick…

I think I’m gonna call it for the night.

Less than impressed with Metra products or Scosche at the moment.

I didn’t realize they were so cheaply made.

4. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #33

User Info Menu

Complete Audio System Replacement

Ok, got the Sosche kit sorted. The inside walls of all the button holes have rough edges from the manufacturing process. I sanded them and the buttons move fine. I’m also using this time to put some sealant along some of the seems to help with making it feel more solid. Did this with some Harley fairings and it worked amazing.

I need to unbolt the rear seat next so I can reroute some wires again, which I knew I should have done to begin with. I am using 16 feet of premade speaker wiring and 15 feet of RCA cable and it seems to be more than enough.

I also uninstalled the circular USB input from the main dash and replaced it with one from Pioneer that has USB and HDMI. Truth be told, I wish I would’ve just purchased it with two USB. The stock USB is going to be installed inside the little compartment of the glove box for my wife to use.

The RCA cables are taped together in the front and I just have to do it for part of the rear. I use the method from the guy that’s in the video on the first post in this thread. I’m also using the same kind of tape. It’s like this fabric tape.

That’s about all I’m gonna do for the day. I’m at a stopping point and want to set my stuff up for tomorrow, which is soldering the speaker wire to the harness and finding the screws for the head unit bracket . They are missing.

I do have a question in regards to that, though. What happens if the amp goes bad? Will I no longer be getting sound to my speakers (components only)? Is there a way for me to wire from both the head unit and the amp to the wiring harness or will this mess the signal up?

Alright. Heading to beach.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234