Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  18
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Knock With Smoke?

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by beef_taco View Post
    Thanks for the heads up. Anyone have any ideas about the oil coming from the exhaust? I would say its residual but the down pipe from the turbo was replaced with the 2nd gen kit. Injectors are an easy fix...the oil leak has me a bit worried to be honest

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    When you have raw unburnt fuel coming out exhaust it’s a white cloud looks like stream.

The knocking you hear is fuel knock because that one cylinder is not able to ignite that amount of fuel so it gives a knocking sound.

The leak what looks like a oil leak is the raw fuel and soot being mixed together giving the impression it’s oil.

I have seen this happen numerous times on big and small Diesel engines.

The VGT going down has nothing to do with the injector problem just coincidence

2. Likes AK Bob, watersupply189 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

Great advice above, I am thinking the next step would be to plug off fuel lines one at a time to figure out which injector or cylinder has the issue.

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit and 50 Gallon auxiliary fuel tank.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

4. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

Just talked to my injector guy.

I'm going to remove all the injectors and send them in for a bench test and go from there.

Can't wait to get this beast running so i can update you all with a good start and a drive.

The 467 already sounds great if it wasn't for the knock haha.

2012 Laramie Megacab 4x4 68RFE "Big Stupid", 4.5 in Rancho Lift, 18 in Procomp Black Stryker
    35 in Toyo M/Ts, Single "Tow" Tune with Trans Tune, EGR Delete; DPF Delete, Custom 4 in Race Pipe (Stock Muffler)
    S&B Intake, Moog Steering Links and U-Joints, Dynatrac Ball Joints, Yukon Free-Spin Kit

6. Likes watersupply189, AK Bob liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by beef_taco View Post
    Just talked to my injector guy. Im going to remove all the injectors and send them in for a bench test and go from there. Cant wait to get this beast running so i can update you all with a good start and a drive. The 467 already sounds great if it wasnt for the knock haha

Sounds good, please keep us posted.

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit and 50 Gallon auxiliary fuel tank.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

8. Likes watersupply189, beef_taco liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12