Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Knock With Smoke?

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Knock With Smoke?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/13p7...ew?usp=sharing

Hey all,

Hopefully, this video says it all.

Let me know your thoughts and what I can do to go forward from here.

Regards,

2012 Laramie Megacab 4x4 68RFE "Big Stupid", 4.5 in Rancho Lift, 18 in Procomp Black Stryker
    35 in Toyo M/Ts, Single "Tow" Tune with Trans Tune, EGR Delete; DPF Delete, Custom 4 in Race Pipe (Stock Muffler)
    S&B Intake, Moog Steering Links and U-Joints, Dynatrac Ball Joints, Yukon Free-Spin Kit

2. Likes AK Bob, watersupply189 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2
    I think you lost an injector, or 1 hell of an intake leak, at idle spray brake cleaner around the manifolds when the truck is running and see if it revs up

4. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Have you while running took off oil cap check for blow by?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

6. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Screenshot 2021-04-10 105419.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by bluewaveaudio View Post
    I think you lost an injector, or 1 hell of an intake leak, at idle spray brake cleaner around the manifolds when the truck is running and see if it revs up
    You may be on to something, I looked at my boost at 1500 RPMs and its saying im at .42 PSI. I dont think that is right.

2012 Laramie Megacab 4x4 68RFE "Big Stupid", 4.5 in Rancho Lift, 18 in Procomp Black Stryker
    35 in Toyo M/Ts, Single "Tow" Tune with Trans Tune, EGR Delete; DPF Delete, Custom 4 in Race Pipe (Stock Muffler)
    S&B Intake, Moog Steering Links and U-Joints, Dynatrac Ball Joints, Yukon Free-Spin Kit

8. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by easymon View Post
    Have you while running took off oil cap check for blow by?

Yes blow by was one of the first things I checked. No blow by

10. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by beef_taco View Post
    Yes blow by was one of the first things I checked. No blow by
    Definitely has a injector issue what's probably going on is oil getting deluded by fuel and and getting pushed out. Be my first guess .

12. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

You definitely have an injector issue and the raw fuel coming out of exhaust is what that leak is from.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

I just replaced the injectors less than 10k miles. A little backstory. I got a stint of toad rage going down the highway and ran the truck up to 120 mph and my VGT detonated. I immediately pulled over, jumped out and checked blow by (which was good and still good) made sure oil pressures were good then shut it down. I have no started the truck until i did the 2nd gen swap and got some tunes from my tuner. I have went back and forth from the stock tunes to his tunes and the truck is doing the same thing on both tunes. Any way i destroyed an injector(s) when i detonated my VGT?

16. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  17. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

1 other thing comes to mind is dropped a valve seat but I think you would get a knock or tick.
    But from what I hear definitely you got a cylinder down.

18. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  19. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by easymon View Post
    1 other thing comes to mind is dropped a valve seat but I think you would get a knock or tick.
    But from what I hear definitely you got a cylinder down.

Thanks for the heads up. Anyone have any ideas about the oil coming from the exhaust? I would say its residual but the down pipe from the turbo was replaced with the 2nd gen kit. Injectors are an easy fix...the oil leak has me a bit worried to be honest

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast