Thanks Thanks:  13
Likes Likes:  31
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Revmax Finally Came In!

1. Top Of Page | #11

Re: Revmax Finally Came In!

Quote Originally Posted by 91bravo View Post
    I only have about 500 miles on it so far, but I'm very happy with It when you get on it it takes it and shifts smoothly. But with such low miles I can't really give a review yet.

And I got the stage 5 converter.
    Reason I asked there are some of us having trouble with RevMax converters. Once in a blue moon mine doesn’t want to do what it’s supposed to. Looking at getting a Goerend converter soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Top Of Page | #12
    Permanent Vacation Chrisn162001's Avatar

User Info Menu

Revmax Finally Came In!

Quote Originally Posted by 1911Heath View Post
    Reason I asked there are some of us having trouble with RevMax converters. Once in a blue moon mine doesn’t want to do what it’s supposed to. Looking at getting a Goerend converter soon.

Revmax makes damn good converters. I’d send it back to them before replacing and see if they find anything wrong with it.

IMO it’s between Revmax Goerend and Suncoast I personally like Suncoast because their triple disc are quiet.

Make sure to get a converter with a billet machined stator.

Modded factory stators create a lot of heat in the 68RFE.

A lot of the times the pump will be the issue when the converter isn’t acting right.

Until last year there wasn’t good fix for the tcc regulator and accumulator valve. A lot of builders including big name guys were using pumps that should have been trashed.

The tcc limit valve is also a big problem area. Even when using the upgraded valve there still have been problems with them.

Ive also seen line to lube mods drilled with too big of holes.

3. Top Of Page | #13

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisn162001 View Post
    Revmax makes damn good converters. I’d send it back to them before replacing and see if they find anything wrong with it.

IMO it’s between Revmax Goerend and Suncoast I personally like Suncoast because their triple disc are quiet.

Make sure to get a converter with a billet machined stator.

Modded factory stators create a lot of heat in the 68RFE.

A lot of the times the pump will be the issue when the converter isn’t acting right.

Until last year there wasn’t good fix for the tcc regulator and accumulator valve. A lot of builders including big name guys were using pumps that should have been trashed.

The tcc limit valve is also a big problem area. Even when using the upgraded valve there still have been problems with them.

Ive also seen line to lube mods drilled with too big of holes.

It’s a RevMax stage 4. Tony Rizzi at FullPull Diesel ordered it for me while Dallas Penn at Redhorse was building my trans. Sometimes it will bang pretty hard when it locks but only in 3rd and 4th.

4. Top Of Page | #14
    Permanent Vacation Chrisn162001's Avatar

User Info Menu

It’s a RevMax stage 4. Tony Rizzi at FullPull Diesel ordered it for me while Dallas Penn at Redhorse was building my trans. Sometimes it will bang pretty hard when it locks but only in 3rd and 4th.

I had a string transmissions start doing that about 20-30k miles after rebuild.

I found the gpz shed a lot of material. I stoped using the gpz clutch’s in 2c and 4c and the problem hasn’t come back.

5. Likes 1911Heath liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

Does it lock the same exact time it shifts from 3 to 4?

2017 RAM 2500 Big Horn sport appearance package, Auto Level Rear Suspension, MM3 "switch" Fully deleted - tuned by DRD, Fleece Cheetah, Airaid Jr. CAI, 3.5" Banks Monster intake horn, Pusher Boost Tubes, 5" TBE with a Flo~Pro Twister muffler, *** EGR disappear kit, Black Market Performance CAT fuel filter and water separator, Black Market Performance fuel heater, Black Market Performance head studs, AFE deep trans pan, Revmax trans cooler bypass, Revmax HD Valve Body, DPC Low stall converter with billet flywheel, AFE pro series rear diff cover, Amsoil throughout provided by mcsynthetics.myamsoil.com

7. Top Of Page | #16

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisn162001 View Post
    I had a string transmissions start doing that about 20-30k miles after rebuild.

I found the gpz shed a lot of material.

I stopped using the gpz clutches in 2c and 4c, and the problem hasn’t come back.

I just dropped the pan about 6,000 miles ago and changed the filters and 7 new qts of atf+4.

Trans has about 24,000 on it now.

Was hardly any material in fluid or on the magnet in the pan.

It is getting better, though.

8. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #17

Quote Originally Posted by MC250r719 View Post
    Does it lock at the same time it shifts from 3 to 4?
    My tune depends on throttle input.

Driving like grandpa, it will unlock and go to 4th.

Hard on it; it will stay locked going from 3 to 4.

It’s about 25% throttle when it seems to do it the worst.

10. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  11. Top Of Page | #18

User Info Menu

My tune depends on throttle input.

Driving like grandpa, it will unlock and go to 4th.

Hard on it; it will stay locked going from 3 to 4.

It’s about 25% throttle when it seems to do it the worst.

When I installed my low stall converter, I had a similar issue; it would lock the converter and shift from 3 to 4 simultaneously, and it was pretty violent.

I had my trans tune adjusted to have the converter lock sooner, and now it is enjoyable to drive without bracing for that shift.

When the triple-disc converters lock, it almost feels like the trans is shifting gears.

2017 RAM 2500 Big Horn sport appearance package, Auto Level Rear Suspension, MM3 "switch" Fully deleted - tuned by DRD, Fleece Cheetah, Airaid Jr. CAI, 3.5" Banks Monster intake horn, Pusher Boost Tubes, 5" TBE with a Flo~Pro Twister muffler, *** EGR disappear kit, Black Market Performance CAT fuel filter and water separator, Black Market Performance fuel heater, Black Market Performance head studs, AFE deep trans pan, Revmax trans cooler bypass, Revmax HD Valve Body, DPC Low stall converter with billet flywheel, AFE pro series rear diff cover, Amsoil throughout provided by mcsynthetics.myamsoil.com

12. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  13. Top Of Page | #19

Quote Originally Posted by MC250r719 View Post
    I had a similar issue when I installed my low stall converter, it would lock the converter and shift from 3 to 4 simultaneously, and it was pretty violent.

I had my trans tune adjusted to have the converter lock sooner, and now it is enjoyable to drive without bracing for that shift.

When the triple-disc converters lock, it almost feels like the trans is shifting gears.
    Revmax stage 4 isn’t a triple disk, though.

It’s a stock converter with a billet stator and multi-disk; they say whatever that means.

It isn’t a single disk clutch like a stock one.

Shift great when I’m getting on it pretty hard.

Smooth but firm and fast; it’s just that 25% throttle input times.

Guess I need to call Ryan at Hardway and make some lock timing changes again idk.

14. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, SyN liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #20

Any review yet?

16. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast