Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3

Thread: Fan Part Number To Swap During Cabin Filter Mod

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Fan Part Number To Swap During Cabin Filter Mod

I'm assuming that all the 4th and 5th gen have the same part, but I have a 2012 2500.

I'm wondering what the fan part number is if somebody has that in their notes on their phone somewhere.

I plan to do the cabin filter mod to add a filter and the door and cut out the plastic fit blocks off where the filter goes.

Then maybe easily swap out the fan just below the glove box with the three 5/16 bolts because, at times, I can hear a change in pitch, almost like one of the bearings going bad.

It has been like that for a year or two tho.

I figure that without an air filter, the bearings and fan must have had a rough life so far. Not sure why our $60k+ trucks don't have the filter, but cheap vehicles do.

Anyway, I'll add the write-up to the nopb information database sticky.

2012 2500 ST w/ manmual 4x4 from the auction w 16k miles - Upgrades so far - Leather, LED bed lights, HID projectors, Nav = Appradio3 w ARU unchained reloaded full touch screencast & tailgate handle backup camera, homemade front hitch and reciever w 12k lb winch, reverse lights, soft open tailgate, transfercase linkage mod, Ultra and deletes, folding back seat mod, Kicker hideaway under drivers seat, Fumoto valve and safety clip, new warrantied turbo at 16k. Rocker Aux panel switches, Ford fold away bed extender, inverter outlet mod, soon an overhead console. Pulling a 2001 Prokat 2200WA around on my days off.

2. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Fan Part Number To Swap During Cabin Filter Mod

Quote Originally Posted by Stewbuntu View Post
    I'm assuming that all the 4th and 5th gen have the same part, but I have a 2012 2500.

I'm wondering what the fan part number is if somebody has that in their notes on their phone somewhere.

I plan to do the cabin filter mod to add a filter and the door and cut out the plastic fit blocks off where the filter goes.

Then maybe easily swap out the fan just below the glove box with the three 5/16 bolts because, at times, I can hear a change in pitch, almost like one of the bearings going bad.

It has been like that for a year or two tho.

I figure that without an air filter, the bearings and fan must have had a rough life so far. Not sure why our $60k+ trucks don't have the filter, but cheap vehicles do.

Anyway, I'll add the write-up to the nopb information database sticky.
    See item #13

https://www.Moparpartsgiant.com/part...ater_unit.html

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit and 50 Gallon auxiliary fuel tank.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

4. Likes watersupply189, Stewbuntu liked this post