Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Dumb Dumb Dumb

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Dumb Dumb Dumb

I have been moving my cars up to my farm in New York State. After the wheel bearing failure, I had to finish that trip. I was lucky to have Alex's place in PA near by to drop my car at.

So today I went and finished that trip. Recovery of the car was like pulling it from a swamp. The concrete pad had moss covering it. To my dismay, the moss was floating and the water was over the soles on my sneaks. Not to mention I had to kneel in that to catch a control arm with a J Hook. Backstroke! I was drenched. (I don't use straps. I use chains.) Then done I proceeded to the farm. (Heater blasting away)

Long story short, I forgot about a underground spring that runs through the field. I pulled in, made a small loop, stopped to put the truck in reverse, and felt the rear end drop a couple of inches. The shoe on the trailer jack hit a rock and kept the truck from going any deeper. I was surrounded by muck. DUMB! So my Canvas Converse got nailed a 2nd time. Muck everywhere.

I LOVE my toys. The winch on the trailer is 12,000# rated. I pulled the car up to that spot (Blue). Truck and trailer are 12K and going uphill. I doubled the cable with a snatch block and extricated myself. Arrows show the cables. The winch was running while I was taking the picture. Good thing Alex fixed my remote. That was 250 feet worth

Learn the lesson. Walk your area before going in. Learn from me guys. 4 X would have been useless. I've gotten stuck in there before.

Playing in the mud in 34 degree weather was not my idea of a good day. If it was warmer, I wouldn't have minded so much. The ruts filled with water soon after. Ugh

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

2. Top Of Page | #2
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

LOL nice one!!! Been there done that before except I was in the mud truck and found a spring I didn't know about.