Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  5

Thread: Uconnect Dongle?

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Uconnect Dongle?

I just upgraded my Uconnects yearly subscription.

They sent me the Wifi Dongle to plug into the OBD2.

The issue is it dang near 3" long, and I know I'm gonna end up kicking it off.

If I have never used the Truck's internet, never plan on using the truck's internet, do I even need the dang thing?

NO IT'S NOT A HEMI!

2. Likes AK Bob liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Uconnect Dongle?

Quote Originally Posted by Blackgoat View Post

If I have never used the Truck's internet, never plan on using the truck's internet, do I even need the dang thing?
    Not sure what you drive but my obd port will slide out of the spot that it is in.

If you look at it you will know what I mean there are 2 tabs on the port and it will slide out of that specific spot so you can tuck it out of the way up under the dash.

2018 Ram 2500 Big Horn / 4x4 / CC / 68RFE / 20" Fuel Triton wheels / Toyo RT 37"s / 5" Rough Country Lift / 5" Straight / Studded / CCV Gutted (Reroute) / S&B CAI / Airdog 165 4g II / G&R Sump / Isspro Fuel Pressure gauge (Lift pump) / Isspro Pyrometer / Pacbrake Oil Filter Re-Location / Amp'd Throttle Booster / Raceme Ultra Drd Tunes / Airlift 7500 Bags / B&W Turn Over Ball

4. Likes AK Bob liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

So everyone is using the dongle?

NO IT'S NOT A HEMI!

6. Likes AK Bob liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

So everyone is using the dongle?
    I dont think so... im not sure.. but most of us use a tuner and it plugs into the obd

2018 Ram 2500 Big Horn / 4x4 / CC / 68RFE / 20" Fuel Triton wheels / Toyo RT 37"s / 5" Rough Country Lift / 5" Straight / Studded / CCV Gutted (Reroute) / S&B CAI / Airdog 165 4g II / G&R Sump / Isspro Fuel Pressure gauge (Lift pump) / Isspro Pyrometer / Pacbrake Oil Filter Re-Location / Amp'd Throttle Booster / Raceme Ultra Drd Tunes / Airlift 7500 Bags / B&W Turn Over Ball

8. Likes AK Bob liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

I had to look this up as I never heard of such a thing.

If it's the 4g wifi dongle, you can leave it unplugged if you don't plan to use the vehicle as a hotspot.

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI
    2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

10. Thanks AK Bob thanked for this post
    Likes AK Bob liked this post