Thanks Thanks:  29
Likes Likes:  163
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Which Transmission?

1. Top Of Page | #31

Re: Which Transmission?

Would you have any recommendations as to who to seek out in terms of a built transmissions.

I can't recall specifically but I think I saw where Revmax has a system to available to self tune the transmission in a way that doesn't require a custom dyno.

It's just so confusing with so many claims being made the ones I've reviewed so far are ATS, Revmax, BD Diesel and Suncoast thx for any feedback.

I was thinking if I was able to get a builder to do the transmission we would be able to pick and choose the necessary bits to get the best out of the development the various companies have produced.

2. Likes watersupply189, AK Bob liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #32

User Info Menu

I ended up going with revmax, I was looking into Suncoast and ats but saw some bad reviews on ats, and with Suncoast I could not really find a lot of reviews although Suncoast is a bit cheaper then revmax I feel as if Revmax is just more well known so I figured I'd go with the Pay the extra money and not have to worry about my transmission again.

The reason I chose Revmax was there 700 series literally came with everything thing I needed, and you can find a lot of good reviews on there transmissions.

I also called with questions and the customer service was top notch!

As for the tuning for there transmission what they told me was get it installed then you have to tune it with a verified tuner luckily DRD is verified so that's awesome then you have to have a dealer or somebody reflash the trans for the learning phase and they have a whole write up on how to drive during that phase.

4. Likes watersupply189, AK Bob, SyN liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #33

User Info Menu

Revmax. Install, flash your Revmax approved tune (DRD does revmax approved, but you have to tell them you have a revmax) and drive it.

Spoke to several different shops before I bought, some of which were suncoast shops and and they all had pretty much the same opinion.

Nothing good to say about ATS, Suncoast is a bit cheaper and a bit more well known, but revmax is the one you want if you can afford it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2016 RAM 2500 Laramie Mega Cab 4x4 - 2.5" Carli PinTop, RevMax Signature 700, FASS 165, Evilfab 2nd Gen swap w/ S464, 5" TBE & nut'n but engine under the hood
    2015.5 GMC Sierra Denali Duramax CC 4x4 - Complete Delete w/ FASS 150 | EZ Lync w/ PPEI SOTF
    2012 GMC Sierra Denali Duramax CC 4x4 - Bone Stock
    2004 & 2006 Ford F250 PowerJoke CC King Ranch 4x4 (aka "POS#1" & "POS #2") - Bought back by Ford @ 8k miles / 12K miles

6. Likes watersupply189, 91bravo, AK Bob liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #34

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bigmojo View Post
    Revmax. Install, flash your Revmax approved tune (DRD does revmax approved, but you have to tell them you have a revmax) and drive it.

Spoke to several different shops before I bought, some of which were suncoast shops and and they all had pretty much the same opinion.

Nothing good to say about ATS, Suncoast is a bit cheaper and a bit more well known, but revmax is the one you want if you can afford it.

REVMAX has my Vote still tossed up on 550-709 series.

8. Likes watersupply189, AK Bob, SyN liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #35

User Info Menu

2016 RAM 2500 Laramie Mega Cab 4x4 - 2.5" Carli PinTop, RevMax Signature 700, FASS 165, Evilfab 2nd Gen swap w/ S464, 5" TBE & nut'n but engine under the hood
    2015.5 GMC Sierra Denali Duramax CC 4x4 - Complete Delete w/ FASS 150 | EZ Lync w/ PPEI SOTF
    2004 & 2006 Ford F250 PowerJoke CC King Ranch 4x4 (aka "POS#1" & "POS #2") - Bought back by Ford @ 8k miles / 12K miles

10. Thanks MillsRam thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, AK Bob, SyN liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #36

User Info Menu

@Bigmojo did you buy an OEM line pressure sensor?

Or can you link me to the one you got?

12. Likes AK Bob, watersupply189 liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #37

User Info Menu

Not a clue.

Came with the install.

Sorry.

14. Likes AK Bob, watersupply189 liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #38

Pulling the trigger on a 700 tomorrow.

Josh said it would be about 2 weeks before the unit arrives.

16. Likes AK Bob, watersupply189, InlineSix.7, SyN liked this post
  17. Top Of Page | #39

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by M1llrtym View Post
    Pulling the trigger on a 700 tomorrow.

Josh said it would be about 2 weeks before the unit arrives.

My 700 arrives tomorrow!

18. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  19. Top Of Page | #40

@91bravo Please keep us posted on the whole process.

I'm super jealous!

20. Likes watersupply189, SyN, AK Bob liked this post
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast