Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Which Transmission?

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Re: Which Transmission?

Same.

Mine came in right at 10.5k.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2016 RAM 2500 Laramie Mega Cab 4x4 - 2.5" Carli PinTop, RevMax Signature 700, FASS 165, Evilfab 2nd Gen swap w/ S464, 5" TBE & nut'n but engine under the hood
    2015.5 GMC Sierra Denali Duramax CC 4x4 - Complete Delete w/ FASS 150 | EZ Lync w/ PPEI SOTF
    2012 GMC Sierra Denali Duramax CC 4x4 - Bone Stock
    2004 & 2006 Ford F250 PowerJoke CC King Ranch 4x4 (aka "POS#1" & "POS #2") - Bought back by Ford @ 8k miles / 12K miles

2. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 91bravo View Post
    Ok here we go I know there will be many different answers, so when I got my truck it was tuned and deleted just don't know which tune.

Now when getting up to 75 if I didn't take my time the check engine light would come on and be for OD 5th and 6th now it doesn't even shift into them.

So the day old question is should I rebuild or get a new built one?

Eventually I would like to increase the hp but probably no more then 700.

If get a pre-built who should I go with?
    I'd go with a Revmax 700 or 850.

We do a ton of business with them and they make excellent products.

Built units aren't cheap so if you're looking to save a few dollars a DIY/local rebuild may be the direction for you.

If you're interested in a Revmax unit, PM me if you have any questions.

2018 Ram 2500 4x4 G56
    Romans 10:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    joe@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

3. Likes watersupply189, AK Bob, timshooter40 liked this post
  4. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

I actually ordered a Revmax 700 with Clayton last week.

5. Likes watersupply189, AK Bob, timshooter40 liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 91bravo View Post
    I actually ordered a revmax 700 with Clayton last week
    Good deal, thanks!

2018 Ram 2500 4x4 G56

FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    joe@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

7. Likes watersupply189, AK Bob, timshooter40 liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

So I called RevMax and spoke to a guy there for about 20 minutes super helpful if I ever need a trans with what I tow he recommended the 550.

I’m not looking for high horsepower just a good reliable Tow Tune.

I have a 30 ft Airstream I pull so not that heavy but he did say I should put there valve body in it when I can and definitely the Bypass for the cooling which I’m gonna do in the next week or so.

I have a very reputable shop that RevMax here in Charlotte knows personally “there here weekly” that did all my work on the truck and Trans tuning so pretty blessed in that aspect.

So for now I’m gonna do the bypass and then I’m a month or so doing Revmax full valve body upgrade.

Also if you don't know this he told me that say my transmission goes out a few years from now they will give me a $500+ credit for that valve body that I had installed previously from them towards the new transmission .

Anybody got a Revmax 550 here?

9. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MillsRam View Post
    So I called RevMax and spoke to a guy there for about 20 minutes super helpful if I ever need a trans with what I tow he recommended the 550 . I’m not looking for high horsepower just a good reliable Tow Tune , I have a 30 ft Airstream I pull so not that heavy , but he did say I should put there valve body in it when I can and definitely the Bypass for the cooling which I’m gonna do in the next week or so . I have a very reputable shop that RevMax here in Charlotte knows personally “there here weekly” that did all my work on the truck and Trans tuning so pretty blessed in that aspect . So for now I’m gonna do the bypass and then I’m a month or so doing RevMax full valve body upgrade . Also if you dont know this he told me that say my transmission goes out a few years from now they will give me a $500+ credit for that valve body that I had installed previously from them towards the new transmission . Anybody got a RevMax 550 here ?

I don’t have any personal experience with the Revmax550 but @InlineSix.7 installed one last year, I believe he is happy with it.

You may want to PM him if he doesn’t respond to this post.

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit and 50 Gallon auxiliary fuel tank.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

10. Thanks MillsRam thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, timshooter40 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #17

User Info Menu

For anyone looking to upgrade their trans but aren't quite ready for a fully built unit, the Revmax Tow/HD valve body, deep pan, gasket, thermal bypass and steel filter screw is our best selling Revmax combo package.

2018 Ram 2500 4x4 G56

FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    joe@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

12. Thanks TK666 thanked for this post
  13. Top Of Page | #18

Quote Originally Posted by cumminsdieselfreak View Post
    For anyone looking to upgrade their trans but aren't quite ready for a fully built unit, the Revmax Tow/HD valve body, deep pan, gasket, thermal bypass and steel filter screw is our best selling Revmax combo package.
    Any risk in adding to a transmission with around 100k miles already on it? I've got everything but the valve body already installed and have been on the ledge as it's the most costly item. Just hate to spend the coin and the tranny go rather than just keeping that to put toward a fully built transmission when it does give out.

Sent from my LG-LS998 using Tapatalk

14. Likes watersupply189, AK Bob, timshooter40 liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #19

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by shark5446 View Post
    Any risk in adding to a transmission with around 100k miles already on it? I've got everything but the valve body already installed and have been on the ledge as it's the most costly item. Just hate to spend the coin and the tranny go rather than just keeping that to put toward a fully built transmission when it does give out.

Sent from my LG-LS998 using Tapatalk
    It all depends on how healthy your transmission is, if it's healthy I'd do it as others would too.

2018 Ram 2500 4x4 G56

FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    joe@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

16. Likes watersupply189, AK Bob liked this post
  17. Top Of Page | #20

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AK Bob View Post
    I don’t have any personal experience with the Revmax550 but @InlineSix.7 installed one last year, I believe he is happy with it.

You may want to PM him if he doesn’t respond to this post.

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit and 50 Gallon auxiliary fuel tank.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Hey guys, long time no talk!

I've been so crazy with work and when the tapatalk app kept killing my phone battery for no reason I deleted the app and fell off the wagon with you guys.

Hope ya'll have been doing great and making it through all of this craziness OK.

Yes, I did have a RevMax 550 installed in my truck in the summer of '19.

I also had them do their billet input shaft and billet flexplate.

I opted for their low stall converter instead of the ultra low stall.

I have been very happy overall with the transmission.

It worked great on a number of camping trips all the way from Cherokee, NC to the coast.

I ended up selling our camper last year, which allowed me to crank up the tuner to the 150 HP setting and she hasn't missed a beat.

It does shift hard in certain situations.

I notice it the most under light throttle when the transmission calls for the gear change from 3-4 and it locks the converter almost at the same time.

That being said, this is a high performance unit and some compromises have to be made.

Hope this helps!

2012 Ram 2500 Laramie 4x4 Crew Cab 6.7 Cummins. RevMax built 68RFE "550" transmission w/ billet flexplate/low stall triple disc TC/direct oiling billet input shaft. 35"x12.50" Toyo Open Country AT2 tires on OEM 20" wheels, Thuren soft ride front springs, Thuren track bar, Thuren upper and lower control arms, Hellbent steering box brace, King 2.0 steering damper, Redhead steering box, Fox 2.0 shocks, Carli ball joints, Caterpillar fuel filter/Donaldson water separator, ARP 425 head studs, Viair onboard air compressor, airlift 5k# rear airbags, V4 LED headlights, Kenwood head unit

18. Thanks watersupply189, AK Bob, MillsRam thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, AK Bob, Power247 liked this post
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast