Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2

Thread: 2WD Ball Joints - ETC...

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

2WD Ball Joints - ETC...

Hey everyone, I've done a lot of searching on this and can't find anything solid.

I'm not lucky enough to have bought a 4wd, and I want to upgrade my front end parts before work picks back up and I'm driving this truck a lot.

I absolutely cannot afford the high end stuff. I see conflicting reports on Moog, and pretty much nothing good about Mevotech.

Who makes solid ball joints, tie rod ends, etc?

If I wasn't having to buy new tires and possibly pay someone to install my clutch, I could probably spend more money on parts, but I'm sitting at home not working right now (pipeline) and I need to get this stuff done soon.

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

2WD Ball Joints - ETC...

Forgot to mention - 2008 Mega Cab 2500

3. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

2WD Ball Joints - ETC...

I used to run Moog on my GMC trucks, so not the same truck, but same mfg. and they were absolute crap.

I was replacing them every 20-25k.

I now run the Carli lifetimes and can’t be happier, but damn it sucks only having one arm and leg left.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2016 RAM 2500 Laramie Mega Cab 4x4 - 2.5" Carli PinTop, RevMax Signature 700, FASS 165, Evilfab 2nd Gen swap w/ S464, 5" TBE & nut'n but engine under the hood
    2015.5 GMC Sierra Denali Duramax CC 4x4 - Complete Delete w/ FASS 150 | EZ Lync w/ PPEI SOTF
    2012 GMC Sierra Denali Duramax CC 4x4 - Bone Stock
    2004 & 2006 Ford F250 PowerJoke CC King Ranch 4x4 (aka "POS#1" & "POS #2") - Bought back by Ford @ 8k miles / 12K miles

4. Likes timshooter40 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Re: 2WD Ball Joints - ETC...

Anyone?

6. Top Of Page | #5

Re: 2WD Ball Joints - ETC...

I been searching the same thing.

I'm running the Mevotech premium and they are ok and have lasted 1 yr so far.

I have had no issues with them yet but I need to get a new lift spindle because I put 1.5inch spacer to level my truck and it puts too much stress on the ball joint so I'm looking for a good 3 inch lift spindle and have only found 2 places to get them.

If I got the new lift spindle I think the Mevotech TTX would be just fine if you get the: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Control-Arm...YAAOSwaRhgTuVQ

7. Likes aldaa liked this post