Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: perform service /see dealer alarm on overhead

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

perform service /see dealer alarm on overhead

well i no what the code means and all ,, there is a new CCV filter in there , i have the oil drain routed to atmosphere so its not gumming up my turbo,,,but that darn overhead alarm keeps going off every now and then espeacillay when i giver ...i do the brake fuel pedal clear then clear again with my h&s just to make sure ,,then bamm it goes off again a few days later ...im starting to get annoyed ,,,anyone else have this issue or is there a fix ?

diggerdave's rig...name bluedemon 2 2008 6.7 cummins

-bilstein 5100's all 5 shocks-fully deleted-greg weld ballistic rims w/35" nitto trail grappler shoes-7" canon stacks miters-H&S tuned -afe cai-iron cross front and rear bumper-buncha bd diesel parts

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: perform service /see dealer alarm on overhead

What code is it and how many miles are you at?

2018 Ram 2500 4x4 G56
    Romans 10:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    joe@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

3. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

its not actually a code there is no code ,, other then the perform service message ....i just figured theres a stored code in the membraine so i clear whatever is there thats triggering that message ,,,,but it comes back whenever i usually giver some ..im gonna put the truck back to stock and reload the tuner ,,maybe that will do somethin
    Quote Originally Posted by cumminsdieselfreak View Post
    What code is it and how many miles are you at?

diggerdave's rig...name bluedemon 2 2008 6.7 cummins

-bilstein 5100's all 5 shocks-fully deleted-greg weld ballistic rims w/35" nitto trail grappler shoes-7" canon stacks miters-H&S tuned -afe cai-iron cross front and rear bumper-buncha bd diesel parts

4. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

My guess is its a timer or a counter that hasn't seen the numbers it wants to, and I think reflashing as you plan to might be exactly what you need to do. I just very vaguely can remember this coming on to my over head in my 08 every so often. I know it was a counter, but I thought my smarty would just clear it? Thats where I'm a little foggy. I might of just ran with it, and reflashed first chance I had. Then sure enough a counter would eventually set it off again.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

2015 Black Laramie CCSB 3500 SRW. Thuren Leveled With Fox 2.0 Shocks. Ride Rite Rear Air Bags With Wireless Airlift Onboard Air. 35" Toyos. All The Options Minus The Soot Cookers. RaceMe Ultra.