1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Re: Oil Filter Relocation

Quote Originally Posted by bigbaddog View Post
    I had to trim the inner liner a little.

It would vibrate like a drum.

It drove me crazy.

Mike
    Haven't noticed it doing it on mine yet, but if it does I will do the same for sure.

2018 Ram 2500 Big Horn / 4x4 / CC / 68RFE / 20" Fuel Triton wheels / Toyo RT 37"s / 5" Rough Country Lift / 5" Straight / Studded / CCV Gutted (Reroute) / S&B CAI / Airdog 165 4g II / G&R Sump / Isspro Fuel Pressure gauge (Lift pump) / Isspro Pyrometer / Pacbrake Oil Filter Re-Location / Amp'd Throttle Booster / Raceme Ultra Drd Tunes / Airlift 7500 Bags / B&W Turn Over Ball

2. Likes watersupply189, AK Bob liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

dang that does move it to a much better location!!!

2012 2500 SLT - 35's, 5% Tint, Custom Katzkin Leather Interior, NOCO Plug adapter for Block Heater, DRD Weight Loss Program, 4" turbo back exhaust, 20" Rough Country Single Row LED Light Bar, EZ-Lift tailgate, 2 Car Seats, cracker crumbs, and 3 year old french fries

4. Likes watersupply189, AK Bob liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BubbaJo View Post
    dang that does move it to a much better location!!!
    Much better my friend

2018 Ram 2500 Big Horn / 4x4 / CC / 68RFE / 20" Fuel Triton wheels / Toyo RT 37"s / 5" Rough Country Lift / 5" Straight / Studded / CCV Gutted (Reroute) / S&B CAI / Airdog 165 4g II / G&R Sump / Isspro Fuel Pressure gauge (Lift pump) / Isspro Pyrometer / Pacbrake Oil Filter Re-Location / Amp'd Throttle Booster / Raceme Ultra Drd Tunes / Airlift 7500 Bags / B&W Turn Over Ball

6. Likes watersupply189, AK Bob liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

Cummins should have put it somewhere in that vicinity to begin with.

Wouldn't worry about the tires.

Pretty sure you have to do a relocate on the filter if you get compounds anyways, and plenty of those running around.

2017 2500 Laramie: DRD Juiced, 5" TBE, Invisible EGR mod, BD Iron Horn 364sxe/1.0AR, 20x10 Hostile Sprockets, 33x12.50 General Grabber A/T, HID Conversion, Reverse Level 2" Drop CSS Rear Coils

8. Likes watersupply189, AK Bob liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 6.7 Coal Train View Post
    Cummins should have put it somewhere in that vicinity to begin with.

Wouldn't worry about the tires.

Pretty sure you have to do a relocate on the filter if you get compounds anyways, and plenty of those running around.
    Yes sir I agree and with the compounds it's a must.

This was my first oil change on the truck and the stock filter location is terrible.

It would have been nice to make it accessible from the bottom instead of to the side.

You can barely fit your hand in there with the intercooler lines/ ac lines/ truck frame/ and shock tower in the way.

Pita.

10. Likes watersupply189, Jaxonsram, AK Bob liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

Yep, I need this, and they hope you are the kind of person that gives up and takes it in.

Did I read these right compounds?

Highly interested in how your truck likes them.

Do you tow heavy or just hot-rod it.

12. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, IGOTACUMMINS, AK Bob liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12