Thanks Thanks:  12
Likes Likes:  22

Thread: Commercial Settings PIN Help - SOLVED

1. Top Of Page | #1

Commercial Settings PIN Help - SOLVED

Bought my truck used and now that I finally want to wire up some things to my AUX switches, but I discovered that the PIN has been changed in the EVIC from the default of '0000'.

Does anybody know if it is possible to use Alfa OBD or some other tool to fetch or reset the PIN to the default?

I really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, REALLY don't want to take the truck to the dealership.

Thanks.

SOLVED IN POST #4.

2. Likes 6.7 Coal Train, watersupply189 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Commercial Settings PIN Help

What a bummer, who bothers to change that stuff anyways.

2017 2500 Laramie: DRD Juiced, 5" TBE, Invisible EGR mod, BD Iron Horn 364sxe/1.0AR, 20x10 Hostile Sprockets, 33x12.50 General Grabber A/T, HID Conversion, Reverse Level 2" Drop CSS Rear Coils

4. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

I had this exact situation when I bought my truck.

From what I found, you have 2 options to get the code.

1) Go to the parts counter of a dealer with proof of ownership and they will pull the code for you and give you a print out. I've heard of some dealers being hesitant to do this but I had no trouble at all, you just have to take the registration and a photo ID with you or they won't do it.

2) If you have a OBD Link MX+ (or similar) you can download an app on your phone called "Chrysler PIN Puller" and acquire the PIN that way, I think it cost ~$15 but it did work well for me. Once I pulled the PIN via the app, I went to the dealership parts counter to ensure it was accurate. Now, what I also found is that if the PIN had been put into the truck more than 3 times inaccurately, it locks you out even with the right PIN. The PIN has worked for me to make changes to the truck via AlphaOBD but it will not take the PIN through the Commercial Settings because I tried and failed too many times.

I've been told to let the truck sit in the "run" position for at least an hour to reset the Commercial Settings and then it will work but I have not done this as of yet.

Good luck!

2018 RAM 2500 / 20x9 +1 Fuel Assaults / 35x12.5R20 Nitto Ridge Grapplers / Thuren Leveling (Front - 2.75" Rear = 1") / Fox 2.0 Shocks / Synergy Steering Box Stabilizer / Synergy Drag Link / Carli Rear Track Bar Drop Links / Thuren Sway Bar / Fox Steering Stabilizer / Pedal Commander / Couple Color Matched Graphics Here and There

6. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

UPDATE - AlfaOBD comes through again!

Had some time this afternoon to fiddle with it and there is an option under IPC (Instrument Panel Cluster) for 'Fleet PIN Reset'.

Select the 'Reset' and use '0000' to get into all the AUX switch settings.

TWO THUMBS UP TO ALFAOBD!!!

8. Thanks catmstr, watersupply189, CrazyTrain thanked for this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Thanks!

I just learned something.

2018 RAM 2500 / 20x9 +1 Fuel Assaults / 35x12.5R20 Nitto Ridge Grapplers / Thuren Leveling (Front - 2.75" Rear = 1") / Fox 2.0 Shocks / Synergy Steering Box Stabilizer / Synergy Drag Link / Carli Rear Track Bar Drop Links / Thuren Sway Bar / Fox Steering Stabilizer / Pedal Commander / Couple Color Matched Graphics Here and There

10. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Re: Commercial Settings PIN Help - SOLVED

Has anyone had luck resetting the commercial PIN on a newer truck?

My 2022 does not have the reset option; AlfaOBD only shows the option to enable or disable that screen altogether.

I see the option to reset if I select an older model instrument cluster, but mine won’t respond.

Thanks.

12. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, watersupply189, AK Bob thanked for this post
  13. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Aristuccia View Post
    Has anyone had luck resetting the commercial PIN on a newer truck?

My 2022 does not have the reset option; AlfaOBD only shows the option to enable or disable that screen altogether.

I see the option to reset if I select an older model instrument cluster, but mine won’t respond.

Thanks.
    Did you bypass the gateway security module? This applies to 2018 and later. There is a connector to plug in for OBD, then once done, remove it.

Security Gateway bypass cable

2010 Dodge 2500 SLT CCLB 4WD G56 Cummins 6.7 turbo diesel, 3.42 LSD. Add ons: Banks Monster Ram, Grid heater delete, Spyntec Free Spin Kit with Warn hubs (62672) Laramie Alloys (includes spare), "Powerwagon" Flares, Powerwagon bed decal (4X4 off road) OE Ram mudflaps, OE Slush Mats, OE Clearance Lamps, Geno's shift knob in black, 5" DPF back with muffler delete, spray in bedliner, OE brake controller, Durafit Seat Covers, Pro Tech Toolbox, Speed Turtle, Upfitter switches, Ham Radios, 8 Antennas, headache rack, emergency light bar,....

14. Thanks AK Bob, watersupply189, Corkey thanked for this post
    Likes AK Bob, watersupply189, Corkey liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

I do have a bypass cable installed, which I was able to use successfully for some other changes with AlfaOBD.

No luck with the PIN reset.

I have left it installed.

Is that a bad idea?

16. Likes watersupply189, Corkey liked this post
  17. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Aristuccia View Post
    I do have a bypass cable installed, which I was able to use successfully for some other changes with AlfaOBD.

No luck with the PIN reset.

I have left it installed.

Is that a bad idea?
    Good question; I am unsure; if everything works, I will leave it.

Hey, were you able to retrieve the user-installed-in?

If so, can you just manually redo it to 0000?

You might as well grab your key PIN code (4 digits) for programming keys.

2010 Dodge 2500 SLT CCLB 4WD G56 Cummins 6.7 turbo diesel, 3.42 LSD. Add ons: Banks Monster Ram, Grid heater delete, Spyntec Free Spin Kit with Warn hubs (62672) Laramie Alloys (includes spare), "Powerwagon" Flares, Powerwagon bed decal (4X4 off road) OE Ram mudflaps, OE Slush Mats, OE Clearance Lamps, Geno's shift knob in black, 5" DPF back with muffler delete, spray in bedliner, OE brake controller, Durafit Seat Covers, Pro Tech Toolbox, Speed Turtle, Upfitter switches, Ham Radios, 8 Antennas, headache rack, emergency light bar,....

18. Thanks watersupply189, AK Bob thanked for this post
    Likes Corkey, watersupply189, AK Bob liked this post