Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  15

Thread: Question For Anyone Who Has Ever ORDERED a RAM?

1. Top Of Page | #1

Question For Anyone Who Has Ever ORDERED a RAM?

Hey guys and gals. New to the forum, which has been great so far! As mentioned in my introduction post a week ago if anyone saw it, I have a 2021 Ram 2500 limited on order. I cannot wait. I ordered it Jan 23 but it looks like it will not be here until April. OUCH.

My question is this: Chrysler has already released the build sheet with the VIN number on it. If anyone has ever ordered a truck on here, do you remember if that VIN number was 100% accurate as the VIN on the truck? (I know this sounds like a stupid question).

I want to order all my performance parts right away, including tunes. DRD and most any other tuner needs the VIN. I want the parts sitting here waiting on the shelf for the truck, but am leery about ordering a VIN based tune without the truck sitting in my driveway. Thoughts?

And, just wanted to mention I am not new to the tuning world. Had a previous (2010) 6.7 with all the goodies. Warranty is a concern of mine, but the pros of tuning outweigh the cons in my opinion and I want all the performance stuff done quickly.

Thanks!!!

2. Likes watersupply189, timshooter40, AK Bob liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Question For Anyone Who Has Ever ORDERED a RAM?

I ordered a 2019 3500 mega dually Laramie in 2019, my build sheet and truck vin matched.

So mine was and is 100% accurate.

Good luck.

2019 RAM MEGACAB 4X4 (AISIN) 4.10 GEARS, 6.7 CUMMINS W/ DRD BETA TUNNING, KMC XD843 GRENADE WHEELS, CUSTOM WINDOW TINT, 50 GALLON TITAN TRAVEL TREKKER, AND S&B CAI

2018 GRAND DESIGN MOMENTUM 399TH WITH FULL BODY PAINT, AND SIDE PORCH.

4. Thanks SyN thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, timshooter40, AK Bob, SyN liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

Quote Originally Posted by Jcarter View Post
    I ordered a 2019 3500 mega dually Laramie in 2019, my build sheet and truck vin matched.

So mine was and is 100% accurate.

Good luck.
    Thanks for the info!

6. Likes watersupply189, timshooter40, AK Bob liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

VIN numbers, once assigned, are permanent.

Unless something happens on the production line to that vehicle where it can no longer be assembled, the VIN you have is correct.

However, I would not order any VIN based items until you have taken delivery and personally verified the VIN.

2021 3500 Mega HO DRW

8. Likes watersupply189, timshooter40, AK Bob, SyN liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

The VIN will be correct 99.9% of the time but a lot of things could happen from the time it leaves the factory until the time it hits your dealers lot.

2018 Ram 2500 4x4 G56
    Romans 10:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    joe@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

10. Likes watersupply189 liked this post