Thanks Thanks:  6
Likes Likes:  35
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lesson Learned

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Re: Lesson Learned

Quote Originally Posted by Bpbertolacini View Post
    Update, so I finally found time to get my truck back together, and with the new stainless diesel, S475 installed, I opted for the 1.15 ar instead of the 1.32, and honestly, I think it's way better.

The boost comes on quicker at lower rpm, and my EGT's are a lot lower now, surprisingly.

Also, due to the 5 blade, it's definitely a whistle machine.

I'm glad I went his route, and I hope this helps someone else with a compound setup.

Attachment 12817
    Thanks for the write-up just curious what elevation your running at

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

2. Likes AK Bob liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bpbertolacini View Post
    Update, so I finally found time to get my truck back together, and with the new stainless diesel, S475 installed, I opted for the 1.15 ar instead of the 1.32, and honestly, I think it's way better.

The boost comes on quicker at lower rpm, and my EGT's are a lot lower now, surprisingly.

Also, due to the 5 blade, it's definitely a whistle machine.

I'm glad I went his route, and I hope this helps someone else with a compound setup.

Attachment 12817
    And also wondering what your egts actually are pulling a Hill unloaded.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

4. Likes AK Bob liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

I'm in CT Sonim at 500' and if I'm doing a hill on the highway its about 8 to 900 and if I was say pulling a hill on the back roads locked out of 6th about 7 to 750 with speed.

Obviously if I was lugging it I could easily achieve 1,000 deg.

16 cummins Laramie longhorn, ccsb, 35x12.5x20 xplora mts ,tis wheels,fully deleted, pusher add a turbo kit,stainless diesel 475 5blade turbo over 63mm VGT delete turbo,manton springs, manton valve bridges,manton pushrods,ARP 625 headstuds,steedspeed t4i manifold , S&S 80% over injectors, thuren rear trackbar, kingspeed billet valve cover, revmax valve body billet plate, CCV reroute, pusher intake horn, thuren 2in level with king 2.5 front and rear, sway bar kit ,track bar and king steering damper. Air bags from airlift. 4" exhaust, fass lift pump,MM3,DRD tunes.pusher coolant reroute.

6. Likes AK Bob, SyN liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12