Thanks Thanks:  9
Likes Likes:  23

Thread: Anyone Running An S400 Turbonator?

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Anyone Running An S400 Turbonator?

I was checking to see if anyone was running the S400 VGT turbonator from Diesel Power Source.

I'm thinking of getting this and was wondering ppls thoughts on the kit.

It's a 3rd Gen swap.

Was looking at the 471 T4 setups.

I see a lot on the 2nd Gen swaps, but I don't want to lose my engine brake.

Also, reading through the s400 turbonator, it says that the VGT helps spool faster.

Any thoughts?

Also, like the fact that it will plug into the cold air intake.

I'm driving an 18 RAM 2500 CC auto, and my goal is 800 hp.

Just wanting a single turbo for now until I get better CP3 and injectors.

I also want to fire ring the head and block (as soon as I find someone in texas to do it).

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Anyone Running An S400 Turbonator?

Quote Originally Posted by Compton View Post
    I was checking to see if anyone was running the S400 VGT turbonator from Diesel Power Source.

I'm thinking of getting this and was wondering ppls thoughts on the kit.

It's a 3rd Gen swap.

Was looking at the 471 T4 setups.

I see a lot on the 2nd Gen swaps, but I don't want to lose my engine brake.

Also, reading through the s400 turbonator, it says that the VGT helps spool faster.

Any thoughts?

Also, like the fact that it will plug into the cold air intake.

I'm driving an 18 RAM 2500 CC auto, and my goal is 800 hp.

Just wanting a single turbo for now until I get better CP3 and injectors.

I also want to fire ring the head and block (as soon as I find someone in texas to do it).
    I've been looking at these too.

I'd like to hear some feedback also.

I asked them to do a compassion video of stock exhaust brake to one of their 467s.

Nothing yet though.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

4. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Cummins7 View Post
    I've been looking at these too. I'd like to hear some feedback also. I asked them to do a compassion video of stock exhaust brake to one of their 467s. Nothing yet though.

There's a video friend.

I've been watching it (more that once LOL)

489 hp with tune with stock fuel stock turbo.

585 hp with same truck (same tune and stock fuel) 467 turbonator.

I'm assuming everything is stock besides turbo I mean they are the ones selling it

Here's link:

2018 Ram 2500 Big Horn / 4x4 / CC / 68RFE / 20" Fuel Triton wheels / Toyo RT 37"s / 5" Rough Country Lift / 5" Straight / Studded / CCV Gutted (Reroute) / S&B CAI / Airdog 165 4g II / G&R Sump / Isspro Fuel Pressure gauge (Lift pump) / Isspro Pyrometer / Pacbrake Oil Filter Re-Location / Amp'd Throttle Booster / Raceme Ultra Drd Tunes / Airlift 7500 Bags / B&W Turn Over Ball

6. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

I’m running a pusher compound setup for now with an s475 on top of a Fleece Cheetah.

I think I will take it off and use fleece 2nd gen swap for a 463 or 467, though.

My buddy has the 463 and loves it.

04 3500 SRW 4x4. 4.5" icon stage 5 w/ full progressive rear leaf and 2.5 shocks, 20x9 procomp alloys, 37x13.50R20 Baja boss A/T, synergy steering, ARP headstuds, flopro 4” stainless, coolant bypass, oil bypass, smarty touch w/ custom tuning, fleece powerflo 750 CP3, fleece 2nd gen swap w/ AFE stainless manifold and s463, II 100hp injectors, AFE intercooler, pusher mega Intake with cross-air and mega tubes, fass titanium 165, Precision 48RE w/ billet upgrades and valve body, DPC 1800 stall billet triple disc, talon custom front/rear driveshafts, 4.11 gears. Fab fours black steel bumpers ~20 hwy ~17 city

8. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, watersupply189 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by KiloCummins04 View Post
    I’m running a pusher compound setup for now with an s475 on top of a Fleece Cheetah.

I think I will take it off and use fleece 2nd gen swap for a 463 or 467, though.

My buddy has the 463 and loves it.
    Why are you switching from the compounds?

I'm just wondering.

I was actually thinking about going compounds.

10. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Cummins7 View Post
    Why are you switching from the compounds?

I'm just wondering.

I was actually thinking about going compounds.

I was messing with my buddy's truck after the S463, and I liked the response he got a lot better.

I'm not going any higher in performance.

My setup is pretty responsive, but I'm not sure if my atmospheric is too big or what it is.

I was just really impressed with the response in that 463 from fleece with the 2nd gen swap, and I liked the sound of his better too, which is a bonus.

My truck sounds like an f-16.

04 3500 SRW 4x4. 4.5" icon stage 5 w/ full progressive rear leaf and 2.5 shocks, 20x9 procomp alloys, 37x13.50R20 Baja boss A/T, synergy steering, ARP headstuds, flopro 4” stainless, coolant bypass, oil bypass, smarty touch w/ custom tuning, fleece powerflo 750 CP3, fleece 2nd gen swap w/ AFE stainless manifold and s463, II 100hp injectors, AFE intercooler, pusher mega Intake with cross-air and mega tubes, fass titanium 165, Precision 48RE w/ billet upgrades and valve body, DPC 1800 stall billet triple disc, talon custom front/rear driveshafts, 4.11 gears. Fab fours black steel bumpers ~20 hwy ~17 city

12. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

The sound of a second-gen swap is way better, I agree, but if you want to try for a better response on your compound setup without spending too much money, try changing the housing to a 1.15ar.

Currently, you have a 1.32 ar, and it is laggy.

I just did this on mine, and the response is way better.

My egts did go up a little, but nothing to be concerned about.

16 cummins Laramie longhorn, ccsb, 35x12.5x20 xplora mts ,tis wheels,fully deleted, pusher add a turbo kit,stainless diesel 475 5blade turbo over 63mm VGT delete turbo,manton springs, manton valve bridges,manton pushrods,ARP 625 headstuds,steedspeed t4i manifold , S&S 80% over injectors, thuren rear trackbar, kingspeed billet valve cover, revmax valve body billet plate, CCV reroute, pusher intake horn, thuren 2in level with king 2.5 front and rear, sway bar kit ,track bar and king steering damper. Air bags from airlift. 4" exhaust, fass lift pump,MM3,DRD tunes.pusher coolant reroute.

14. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  15. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Here is the comparison of the exhaust housing.

Both are S475 turbos.

Attached Images Attached Images
    16 cummins Laramie longhorn, ccsb, 35x12.5x20 xplora mts ,tis wheels,fully deleted, pusher add a turbo kit,stainless diesel 475 5blade turbo over 63mm VGT delete turbo,manton springs, manton valve bridges,manton pushrods,ARP 625 headstuds,steedspeed t4i manifold , S&S 80% over injectors, thuren rear trackbar, kingspeed billet valve cover, revmax valve body billet plate, CCV reroute, pusher intake horn, thuren 2in level with king 2.5 front and rear, sway bar kit ,track bar and king steering damper. Air bags from airlift. 4" exhaust, fass lift pump,MM3,DRD tunes.pusher coolant reroute.

16. Thanks watersupply189, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post