Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  4

Thread: Coolant CCV Lines Hoses - Relocate - Remove, Or Replace

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Coolant CCV Lines Hoses - Relocate - Remove, Or Replace

Forum Friends, Bare with me this is a long question.

Trying to get my ducks on the pond before I replace the turbo /BBI injectors studs pushrods valve springs and Air Intake to head.

Here is what I am trying to accomplish: Super clean area on passenger side engine compartment.

1. With the removal of my factory turblower and installation of my 66mm turbo I will not need coolant hose supply or return for turbo so I would like to do away with /plug that circuit.

2. Since there is no cooler on top of the aftermarket exhaust manifold, I will not need that circuit neither.

3. What is the best option for the CCV? I would like to do away with any overkill but would like engine to have a good flowing CCV possible running a large line out towards fender so no smell inside cab.

Any suggestions?

17' 2500 Crew Cab 4x4 6.7L with MM3 by Tyler at T&K Performance , Revmax 700 68RFE , Industrial Injection Silver 69 Turblower, BBI Stage 1.5 injectors, Fleece PowerFlo 750 CP3, Fleece PowerFlo lift pump ARP 625 head studs, Hamilton Valve Springs & Pushrods FLEECE POWERFLOW 10MM coming off this weekend and S&S 12mm going on..

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, AK Bob liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2
    Permanent Vacation Chrisn162001's Avatar

User Info Menu

Coolant CCV Lines Hoses - Relocate - Remove, Or Replace

Fleece makes a nice coolant riser bypass kit.

I’m not a fan of CCV deletes. If your intake pipe has provisions for the CCV run it.

If you’re set on deleting the CCV gut the filter and run a catch can unless you don’t mind oil spots where you park.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, AK Bob liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Re: Coolant CCV Lines Hoses - Relocate - Remove, Or Replace

I would gut the CCV and get some heater hose and run it to the front of the passenger fender.

That's what I did.

I put a cap over the intake tube and clamped it down to keep it from coming off.

My truck had 65000 miles on it when I did this and you could see the oily residue on the turbo and blades coming from the CCV.

Me no likey.

Much better know.

2018 Ram 2500 Big Horn / 4x4 / CC / 68RFE / 20" Fuel Triton wheels / Toyo RT 37"s / 5" Rough Country Lift / 5" Straight / Studded / CCV Gutted (Reroute) / S&B CAI / Airdog 165 4g II / G&R Sump / Isspro Fuel Pressure gauge (Lift pump) / Isspro Pyrometer / Pacbrake Oil Filter Re-Location / Amp'd Throttle Booster / Raceme Ultra Drd Tunes / Airlift 7500 Bags / B&W Turn Over Ball

6. Thanks Moparriggan thanked for this post