Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  2

Thread: Dual CP3s for 6.7L

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Dual CP3s for 6.7L

Do any of my forum friends with 4th gen 6.7 run dual CP3s?

I have a Fleece 10mm stroker CP3 on my truck.

When I purchased the 10mm (Because I wanted one) the tech guy told me to keep my stock CP3 handy since it had only 48k miles on it and i could always buy the install kit
    and add a 2nd CP3 to have dual fuel CP3s.

I started thinking about this tonight. It's either sell the stock one with 48k or buy a kit and add it with my 10mm for redundancy / later power fuel upgrades.

Since im going to be installing those Stage 1.5 BBI's I wonder if i should just purchase the kit and add the extra CP3?

By only draw back is 1. More underhood noise/ sound 2. More things added some times creates problems of its own.

Right now truck mostly stock running like a top.

I love a good project.. What is your take?

17' 2500 Crew Cab 4x4 6.7L with MM3 by Tyler at T&K Performance , Revmax 700 68RFE , Industrial Injection Silver 69 Turblower, BBI Stage 1.5 injectors, Fleece PowerFlo 750 CP3, Fleece PowerFlo lift pump ARP 625 head studs, Hamilton Valve Springs & Pushrods FLEECE POWERFLOW 10MM coming off this weekend and S&S 12mm going on..

2. Likes AK Bob liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Dual CP3s for 6.7L

Quote Originally Posted by Moparriggan View Post

When I purchased the 10mm (Because I wanted one) the tech guy told me to keep my stock CP3 handy since it had only 48k miles on it and i could always buy the install kit

I started thinking about this tonight. It's either sell the stock one with 48k or buy a kit and add it with my 10mm for redundancy / later power fuel upgrades.

Since im going to be installing those Stage 1.5 BBI's I wonder if i should just purchase the kit and add the extra CP3?

By only draw back is 1. More underhood noise/ sound 2. More things added some times creates problems of its own.

It's very common to run one modified and one stock pump. A lot of builds are 2 stock pumps as well.

2018 Ram 2500 4x4 G56
    Romans 10:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    joe@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

4. Thanks Moparriggan thanked for this post
    Likes AK Bob liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Moparriggan View Post

The 1.5s are rated up to 900hp so if that’s the number you’re shooting for then you would need a 12mm pump or duals. The 10mm will get you in the 800 range.

Dual pumps are very reliable since they literally split the fuel load so at full tilt instead of one single pump trying to push 29k psi they are trying to push 14.5k psi a piece.

Extra engine noise is minimal and the kits available for these are bolt in installation

FWIW- If it were my truck I would run the duals!

2013 Ram 2500
    John 3:16 - Philippians 4:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

6. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Run the duals if the kit is cheap.

Maybe you don't care about a little insurance, but if one pump goes down the other will take over and operate like a single as well.

2017 2500 Laramie: DRD Juiced, 5" TBE, Invisible EGR mod, BD Iron Horn 364sxe/1.0AR, 20x10 Hostile Sprockets, 33x12.50 General Grabber A/T, HID Conversion, Reverse Level 2" Drop CSS Rear Coils

7. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TexNeck View Post
    The 1.5s are rated up to 900hp so if that’s the number you’re shooting for then you would need a 12mm pump or duals. The 10mm will get you in the 800 range.

Dual pumps are very reliable since they literally split the fuel load so at full tilt instead of one single pump trying to push 29k psi they are trying to push 14.5k psi a piece.

Extra engine noise is minimal and the kits available for these are bolt in installation

FWIW- If it were my truck I would run the duals!
    They should both be under the same pressure say 29000 psi?

Correct, but half the fuel flow which translates to half the load.

As far as redundancy idk about that fellas.

Seems to me in most cases if one fails the whole system would be full of metal bits unless the shaft sheared or something crazy

However It should extend the life of both pumps under normal wear and tear by more than double.

All that sound right fellas?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

8. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

I guess I will opt out for an install kit to mount my stock pump along with my 10mm at some point.

I know that a controller for both FCAs come with the install kit but I wonder if I have to have my tuning redone by Ray at DRD?

17' 2500 Crew Cab 4x4 6.7L with MM3 by Tyler at T&K Performance , Revmax 700 68RFE , Industrial Injection Silver 69 Turblower, BBI Stage 1.5 injectors, Fleece PowerFlo 750 CP3, Fleece PowerFlo lift pump ARP 625 head studs, Hamilton Valve Springs & Pushrods FLEECE POWERFLOW 10MM coming off this weekend and S&S 12mm going on..

9. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

@Moparriggan ; if your kit comes with a dual CP3 controller you don’t need to change anything in your tuning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17 CCLB Laramie
    Stealth64/S480
    68RFE
    CTG tuned