Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  8

Thread: ATS CO-Pilot - Tow Version

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

ATS CO-Pilot - Tow Version

From my searching I only found one guy that had it and it was the race version.

Does anybody have the tow version of ATS's co pilot for the 68RFE?

If there's negative reviews for it, I'd like to know specifics.

I do plan on upgrading the valve body, (got 8000 miles till the fluid change is due) whether its revmaxs or ATS, although I'd prefer to keep everything in the same manufacturer so everything plays nicely.

My only concern with the ATS valve body and co pilot is ballooning the torque converter from the increased pressure.

I'd rather not change the converter out if I don't have to since its given me no reason to complain (seems to be matched nicely with the engine and does not slip).

Thank you for any input.

1974 GMC C20- 12 valve, Borg Warner S480 over S362SXE, 7mm delivery valves, 5x.012 injectors, 4k gov springs.
    2015 Ram 2500 CCSB- EZ Lynk ATS tuned, 5"DPF back pipe, ats 2 piece exhaust manifold

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: ATS CO-Pilot - Tow Version

I’m about to get one of these and wonder the same thing.

Did you get yours?

How did you like it any pros and cons you’d like to share?

4. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, AK Bob, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Re: ATS CO-Pilot - Tow Version

Isn't the Co-pilot intended to negate retuning for the new valve body?

Frank @RevMax was very helpful to me when I talked to him about their VB, and if you ever get a built trans from them in the future, they give you credit for what you have purchased (for example, $1050 for VB and $400 for the deep pan is credited on the new trans if you buy those now).

I am going with a forum member who does transmission builds for my VB, but Revmax is excellent and stands behind their product.

6. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, watersupply189 liked this post