Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  27

View Poll Results: To FASS Or Not To FASS, That Is The Question?

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • Install FASS

3 60.00%
  • Install Fleece

2 40.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FASS 165 Versus Fleece Poll - What Do You Recommend?

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

FASS 165 Versus Fleece Poll - What Do You Recommend?

Hello friends,

I've been contemplating as I look at my FASS 165 GPH Signature Platinum sitting here in the box.

I've been having some second thoughts on installing new fuel lines and mounting a noise producing pump on my frame.

So I have been thinking about maybe look into the fleece pump as I am not going over the 800 hp mark.

My 17 model already has great filtration with 2 fuel filters at 2 micron so if the fleece will provide enough volume and have longevity maybe I should think about it?

17' 2500 Crew Cab 4x4 6.7L with MM3 by Tyler at T&K Performance , Revmax 700 68RFE , Industrial Injection Silver 69 Turblower, BBI Stage 1.5 injectors, Fleece PowerFlo 750 CP3, Fleece PowerFlo lift pump ARP 625 head studs, Hamilton Valve Springs & Pushrods FLEECE POWERFLOW 10MM coming off this weekend and S&S 12mm going on..

2. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, Gerald636 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: FASS 165 Versus Fleece Poll - What Do You Recommend?

Quote Originally Posted by Moparriggan View Post
    Hello friends,

I've been contemplating as I look at my FASS 165 GPH Signature Platinum sitting here in the box.

I've been having some second thoughts on installing new fuel lines and mounting a noise producing pump on my frame.

So I have been thinking about maybe look into the fleece pump as I am not going over the 800 hp mark.

My 17 model already has great filtration with 2 fuel filters at 2 micron so if the fleece will provide enough volume and have longevity maybe I should think about it?
    My personal opinion is if it ain’t broke, why fix it?
    Unless you plan a bunch of upgrades and horsepower?
    Our trucks already have a great filtration system straight out the door.

2016 Ram 3500 CC 4x4, G56, Dr. DRD medically cured!

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab ,G56

4. Likes Gerald636, Power247 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

I ran a Fass on my 3rd gen it worked great. Had a few issues early on with erratic pressure. Fass customer service was great and sent me new spring, check ball and fittings free of charge. However I had a Michelin tire separate and caused a lot of damage.

I currently have 5th gen HO Aisin DRW and wanted to try something thing else. I’ve seen people that have launched good size rocks thru their dually fenders and didn’t want my lift pump to be a hanging target again. Had I lost my lift pump I wouldn’t have been able to limp back to town and would have had to have my 5th wheel towed home also. So far I am very happy with my Fleece lift pump.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Thanks Moparriggan thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, Power247 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

8. Likes watersupply189, Moparriggan liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Moparriggan View Post
    Hello friends,

With 13+ trucks having great filtration, Fleece hands down.

2018 Ram 2500 4x4 G56
    Romans 10:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    joe@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

10. Likes watersupply189, Krazy8twofour liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Hoseman View Post
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...5bfd192055.jpg
    I ran a Fass on my 3rd gen it worked great. Had a few issues early on with erratic pressure. Fass customer service was great and sent me new spring, check ball and fittings free of charge. However I had a Michelin tire separate and caused a lot of damage.

I currently have 5th gen HO Aisin DRW and wanted to try something thing else. I’ve seen people that have launched good size rocks thru their dually fenders and didn’t want my lift pump to be a hanging target again. Had I lost my lift pump I wouldn’t have been able to limp back to town and would have had to have my 5th wheel towed home also. So far I am very happy with my Fleece lift pump.

This is why I never liked a low hanging fuel system or low hanging remote oil filter relocation kit. Glad you're happy with your Fleece pump, they're amazing.

2018 Ram 2500 4x4 G56
    Romans 10:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    joe@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

12. Thanks Moparriggan thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, Hoseman liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

14. Thanks Moparriggan thanked for this post
  15. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Thank you all for your feedback. Since I already have this fass pump here im biased to install it knowing i will get air out of fuel i guess??? but 49.5% leaning towards fleece and selling the one fass i have just for clean of install and time of install and noise

17' 2500 Crew Cab 4x4 6.7L with MM3 by Tyler at T&K Performance , Revmax 700 68RFE , Industrial Injection Silver 69 Turblower, BBI Stage 1.5 injectors, Fleece PowerFlo 750 CP3, Fleece PowerFlo lift pump ARP 625 head studs, Hamilton Valve Springs & Pushrods FLEECE POWERFLOW 10MM coming off this weekend and S&S 12mm going on..

16. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  17. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

You will be fine with either lift pump. Back in 2007 I installed the draw straw from the top of the tank and the vent tank mod. Which took a few try’s to stop the diesel from weeping out of the fasteners. The fuel sump I believe solves that and the 1/4 issues. Pro’s with FASS is your upgraded filtration comes with the price of the pump.

I am extremely happy with my Fleece lift pump and my desire not to have any low lying equipment hanging off of the truck. I am also happy with my upgraded BMP CAT Fuel/WS filtration. I am sure you will be fine I’m glad to share my thoughts and experiences.

18. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  19. Top Of Page | #10

Let us know which one you choose

20. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast