Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  13

Thread: Need New Batteries - 2012 2500 RAM Cummins

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Need New Batteries - 2012 2500 RAM Cummins

Hi, I am in need of new batteries for my 2012 2500 RAM Cummins.

What is a good set and is there anything I should do when I change them out?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

2. Likes AK Bob, Jaxonsram, watersupply189 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Battery: https://www.igotacummins.com/threads/15838-Battery

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit and 50 Gallon auxiliary fuel tank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

4. Thanks Jaxonsram thanked for this post
    Likes SyN, Jaxonsram, watersupply189 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Thank you for the link to the review it helps.

6. Likes SyN, AK Bob, Jaxonsram, watersupply189 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Re: Need New Batteries - 2012 2500 RAM Cummins

Quote Originally Posted by olyeller40 View Post
    Thank you for the link to the review it helps.
    You are welcome.

Lots of great battery choices out there. I would say you pretty much get what you pay for.

Personally I like to go with the best warranty indicating they should last longer.

The AGM batteries are a good choice but do get expensive.

If you want to replace them without loosing power to the ECM (my preferred method) start with the passenger side battery first replace it then go to the driver’s side.

Just remember the positives will always be hot, so take your time and keep them from grounding out.

The other option is to cut off power to the ECM just unhook the negatives from both batteries and keep them away from ground.

Then unhook both positives and keep them away from ground.

Other than losing your radio presets electric seat and mirror presets and perhaps window auto memory you should be okay.

Make sure you clean the new battery posts and battery clamps, then wipe with rubbing alcohol.

When clean and dry apply a liberal amount of no-ox grease or similar and tighten securely being careful not to ground out the positives or with the wrench.

A good practice when working around batteries is to insulate the wrench with electrical tape.

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit and 50 Gallon auxiliary fuel tank.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

8. Thanks Jaxonsram thanked for this post
    Likes Jaxonsram, watersupply189, nuckle liked this post