Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  6

Thread: What Should I Say? 2021 Mega Cab 6.7L Cummins

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Lightbulb What Should I Say? 2021 Mega Cab 6.7L Cummins

I am totally a noob to Cummins.

I just bought a 2021 Mega Cab 6.7L

My biggest concern is being able to tune/delete mostly to protect the engine but efficiency would be great too without voiding warranty.

Is this possible or should I not worry about warranty and get the engine tuned and deleted?

2. Likes AK Bob liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

What Should I Say? 2021 Mega Cab 6.7L Cummins

First of all, welcome to the community!

Second, as to your opening question.

There's a lot to that answer that can't simply be answered as easy as it was asked, LOL!

My advice is just peruse the forum's and get comfortable, as there is sooo much information here with A LOT of experience and knowledge within this group, as well as the vendors here!

My personal experience is that I wished I would have known about this site before I ventured into my projects with my truck!

All worked out, but the people here are more than willing to help you!

You pose a great question sir and there are an awful lot of topics covered relative to your thoughts.

Great luck to you and enjoy the ride! (pun intended)

4. Likes AK Bob liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

What Should I Say? 2021 Mega Cab 6.7L Cummins

Welcome!

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit and 50 Gallon auxiliary fuel tank.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

6. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Re: What Should I Say? 2021 Mega Cab 6.7L Cummins

Welcome and congrats on a very nice truck.

As for your questions.

IMHO:

If you don't make some reliability adjustments to the engine killing components then you want to keep that warranty - you will probably need it.

However, if you do make some reliability adjustments there is a much better chance of not needing it, at lease not on the engine anyway.

You pay your money and take your chances. There is no right answer, just whats right for you.

2016 RAM 2500 Laramie Mega Cab 4x4 - 2.5" Carli PinTop, RevMax Signature 700, FASS 165, Evilfab 2nd Gen swap w/ S464, 5" TBE & nut'n but engine under the hood
    2015.5 GMC Sierra Denali Duramax CC 4x4 - Complete Delete w/ FASS 150 | EZ Lync w/ PPEI SOTF
    2012 GMC Sierra Denali Duramax CC 4x4 - Bone Stock
    2004 & 2006 Ford F250 PowerJoke CC King Ranch 4x4 (aka "POS#1" & "POS #2") - Bought back by Ford @ 8k miles / 12K miles

7. Likes AK Bob liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Welcome!

Congrats on your new truck I love my megacab (man-van) I wish I had had it fixed right at the beginning.

It’s risk that we all take, one way or the other.

2014 MegaCab 3500 Laramie G56 4WD DRD Fix and 5” Flo Pro w/ muffler.
    Six On A Row, Ready To Tow!
    2000 Road King Classic
    John 3:16

9. Top Of Page | #6

Welcome.

I am new to this site as well and new to owning a later model Cummins mine is a low milage (65k ) 2015 3500 crew cab 4x4 dually the person I bought it from gave you on it.

It has been in the dealership a total of 14 times for DPF related issues starting at around 24k miles.

I suspect because they did mostly city short run driving after putting close to the 24k miles on it.

So they ended up getting so upset that they refused to continue to make payments on it.

It was due for repo when I stepped in and bought it for pay off amount.

Now I plan to eliminate the DPF system and for legal purposes let’s just say I’ll be doing off road only as I’m deleting the EGR as well.

I know that doesn’t answer your question.

I would suggest you contact ray at DRD and pose that question to him.

I know they offer non delete tuning for 2019-2020 but not sure if the 2021 models are different it’s definitely worth finding out though.

Congrats on your new truck and I wish you the very best.

Godspeed!

10. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

@TexRM the whole "to delete, or not delete" is a philosophical question of Shakespearean proportions.

You really have to do your research and take an honest look at your individual situation.

The majority of dealer service departments will not honor the powertrain warranty on a tuned/deleted trucks.

You might be one of the lucky few who has a local dealership that will "look the other way."

You'll have to ask around and see.

There's pros and cons to either side of the decision.

One of the first questions you should ask yourself is: am I more likely to keep this truck until it rusts into nothing, or am I going to want to trade it in 3-5 years?

If your answer is the latter, I recommend you leave it stock, enjoy the comfort of your warranty and you'll likely be trading it in as the long-term problems stemming from the DPF, EGR, and DEF systems start popping up.

I'm more than happy to answer any questions you have via PM, but the delete topic is one I don't like discussing in open forums.

11. Likes Power247, Bigmojo, ReelPatriot liked this post