Thanks Thanks:  37
Likes Likes:  202
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Diesel Motor Oil - Which One?

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Diesel Motor Oil - Which One?

So looking to see what oils you guys are using for your 6.7s?

I’ve been running Rotella T4 since I’ve had the truck and not one oil leak, and I’m thinking of switching to a synthetic oil or using the same oil with added Hot Shots FR3.

I’m leery of changing oil‘s because I swear every other vehicle I’ve had when I went to synthetics I started getting oil leaks around the motor maybe that’s just me and my luck.

I’m sure Amsoil is going to be brought up but that’s really pricey oil and have not seen proof it’s better than any other.

My truck has been recently (dirty word) so it can breath and not eating it’s own soot in its oil so interested in seeing what most are using and why.

Hot Shots FR3 supposedly increased 14 horsepower in a real world Dyno for Firepunk so that’s interesting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Likes Murph, Gerald636, watersupply189, AK Bob liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Diesel Motor Oil - Which One?

Hat DDP, Hot Shots for me, love it!

4. Likes watersupply189, AK Bob liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Err, hat tip I mean, brain workin' faster than my typing skills

6. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MillsRam View Post
    So looking to see what oils you guys are using for your 6.7s ? I’ve been running Rotella T4 since I’ve had the truck and not one oil leak , and I’m thinking of switching to a synthetic oil or using the same oil with added Hot Shots FR3 ... I’m leery of changing oil‘s because I swear every other vehicle I’ve had when I went to synthetics I started getting oil leaks around the motor maybe that’s just me and my luck . I’m sure Aimsoil is going to be brought up but that’s really pricey oil and have not seen proof it’s better than any other . My truck has been recently (dirtyword) so it can breath and not eating it’s own soot in its oil so interested in seeing what most are using and why . Hot Shots FR3 supposedly increased 14 horse power in a real world Dyno for Firepunk so that’s interesting.

Most likely the reason you're getting leaks when you switch from conv./semi to synthetic is because synthetic has a more aggressive cleaning additives and it removes the "gunk/build up" around the seals therefore causing leaks.

FR3 is an amazing product as I use the Blue Diamond oil by Hot Shots paired with an Amsoil EAO80 filter.

With the Blue Diamond and FR3 you can tell it's in there and feel the engine has less of a load on it, it's crazy.

2018 Ram 2500 4x4 G56
    Romans 10:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    joe@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

8. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MillsRam View Post
    So looking to see what oils you guys are using for your 6.7s?

I’ve been running Rotella T4 since I’ve had the truck and not one oil leak, and I’m thinking of switching to a synthetic oil or using the same oil with added Hot Shots FR3.

I’m leery of changing oil‘s because I swear every other vehicle I’ve had when I went to synthetics I started getting oil leaks around the motor maybe that’s just me and my luck.

I’m sure Amsoil is going to be brought up but that’s really pricey oil and have not seen proof it’s better than any other.

My truck has been recently (dirty word) so it can breath and not eating it’s own soot in its oil so interested in seeing what most are using and why.

Hot Shots FR3 supposedly increased 14 horsepower in a real world Dyno for Firepunk so that’s interesting.

Rotella T4 for me and all my diesels. Been using it in all my pickups and tractors for years never one problem. Personally I think all the synthetics are just overpriced. Yes they may have this and that in them but regular oil changes and using a quality filter you can’t go wrong. Spend $12/qt on amsoil or $12/gal for rotella.

9. Top Of Page | #6
    Old... But Still Here! AnOldBiker's Avatar

User Info Menu

Its been stated by Cummins each engine leaves the factory with full sync oil and they recommend you stay with it.

Jim

2006 ~ 2500HD, Big Horn Edition, 5.9, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Kit, 60 gal main tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel Filter System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear end covers and trans pan, 285 x 70 x 17

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States, where men 'were' free." ~ Ronald Regan

10. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AnOldBiker View Post
    Its been stated by Cummins each engine leaves the factory with full sync oil and they recommend you stay with it.
    Valvoline Premium Blue 5w-40

2018 Ram 2500 4x4 G56
    Romans 10:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    joe@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

11. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Hot Shots Black Diamond brand 15-40.

2016 Ram 3500 CC 4x4, G56, Dr. DRD medically cured!

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab
    Cummins,G56, Rough Country level, Morimoto LED fog lights, LED headlights, Lund Attitude Steps sprayed with Line-X, DRL's Activated, 35x12.50R18 Falken Wildpeak ATW3, Fuel Vapor Wheels Matte Black w/Dark Tint, A.R.E. Truck cap and swing boxes

12. Likes Gerald636, AK Bob, Murph, timshooter40 liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by watersupply189 View Post
    Hot Shots Black Diamond brand 15-40.

2016 Ram 3500 CC 4x4, G56, Dr. DRD medically cured!
    I also run the HSS Black Diamond 15w-40. I plan on keeping the truck for a long time. Might as well give it one of the best options out there. although its a tad spendy I feel its worth the cost for extra protection

2018 Ram 3500 (Aisin) Laramie 4X4 CCSB White/Silver.
    2018 Mustang GT Lightning Blue 6 spd manual.
    2021 Charger GT AWD Triple Nickel/Black

14. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Aboshan View Post
    I also run the HSS Black Diamond 15w-40. I plan on keeping the truck for a long time. Might as well give it one of the best options out there. although its a tad spendy I feel its worth the cost for extra protection
    How many miles do you run on a oil change? Might be worth it if it can be ran longer. Website says it can be ran 3 times longer than conventional oil. I currently run about 12-15K on a change using rotella and a k&n filter.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast