Thanks Thanks:  37
Likes Likes:  202
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Diesel Motor Oil - Which One?

1. Top Of Page | #61

User Info Menu

Re: Diesel Motor Oil - Which One?

AJ: I have had a similar issue!
    I live in a small town with an Autozone / Oriellys / Napa / Walmart! (Atwoods & Tractor Supply)

Autozone & Orielly's pricing on HDEO is ridiculously stupid compared to the Local Walmart. Napa is just Overpriced on all HDEO!
    Atwoods - basically only sells Mystic & Tractor Supply shelves are empty of almost all of their HDEO - except their Traveler HDEO - No Thanks!

The last 6 months - the Shelves @ WM have been practically empty of HDEO & it takes 20-30 min to find an employee to help answer your questions - I gave up on even going in the automotive dept.

Amazon has been my go-to & I have seen precisely what you have stated and posted.

I have a closet in my garage stocked up with 5 gallons of Mobil Delvac 1 5W-40 - which I bought from Amazon when they dropped the price to $24 a gal - for about 6 months. (I think I bought 1 gal a month).

Tractor Supply - sells the same Mobil Delvac 1 5W-40 @ $27 a gal - always sold out.
    I also run TRIAX Supreme ESP 5W-40 & 15W40 - I can still buy 1 gal at a time on Amazon & their eBay store.

Both these oils - were purchased with Free Shipping!
    Not a Fan of having to pay shipping charges these days!

Paying Taxes on this Crap is enough - especially when No One can Tell/Show me where those collected taxes are even TRUTHFULLY going!
    But Yet! If You Spend Even MORE $$$$$$$ --> You can get that Free Shipping!

I can't believe I actually thought about switching to Amsoil - My wife would drop kick me right in the Nutz Sack - when she seen that bill!

2017 Bighorn (Delmonico Red & Chrome) CC-HD2500-4WD-6.7L-3:42w/Anti-Spin
    Oil: -SHELL- Rotella T6 5W-40 & T5 15W-40 combo w/LF16035
    68RFE/BW44-46/Power Steering: -Red Line- C+ ATF
    Frontend & Rearend: -Red Line- SAE GL-5 75W-90NS
    Many Small Mods: Interior & Exterior
    Mileage: 28,541

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, Aj Grubb thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, IGOTACUMMINS, AK Bob liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #62

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Aj Grubb View Post
    I have been running T-6 in everything. My Cummins. My TDI Jetta, Yamaha Outboard, Lawnmower, Pressure washer, 4 wheeler.

Right now I can't find it in Tennessee. On Amazon the price has more than tripled.

Not sure what I'm going to switch to.

Look at these bonkers *** prices!
    Last time I bought T6 on Amazon, it was cheaper to get 3 individual gallons, than the case of 3.

2017 2500 Laramie: DRD Juiced, 5" TBE, Invisible EGR mod, BD Iron Horn 364sxe/1.0AR, 20x10 Hostile Sprockets, 33x12.50 General Grabber A/T, HID Conversion, Reverse Level 2" Drop CSS Rear Coils

4. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, AK Bob, watersupply189 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #63

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 6.7 Coal Train View Post
    Last time I bought T6 on Amazon, it was cheaper to get 3 individual gallons, than the case of 3.
    I agree - last time I bought 2 gallons for my Generator & Lawnmower - I payed $21 a gal.

2017 Bighorn (Delmonico Red & Chrome) CC-HD2500-4WD-6.7L-3:42w/Anti-Spin
    Oil: -SHELL- Rotella T6 5W-40 & T5 15W-40 combo w/LF16035
    68RFE/BW44-46/Power Steering: -Red Line- C+ ATF
    Frontend & Rearend: -Red Line- SAE GL-5 75W-90NS
    Many Small Mods: Interior & Exterior
    Mileage: 28,541

6. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  7. Top Of Page | #64

Last week, I had to go to 6 total stores to get enough T6 to change my oil.

I ended up finding a 2.5Gal at Oriley's, and after checking Auto Zone, Walmart, Tractor Supply, and Performance Automotive, and a 2nd Performance automotive.

In the next town, I finally found 1 Gallon jug at $48!!!, so I could change my oil the following day as planned.

What the heck is going on with this?

So If my research serves me, we are to use 15W40 and 5w40 SYN when it may get below zero out, correct?

I see some using 5W40 all the time. In my 5.9L truck, I ran T4 all the time.

Is it not possible to do that with a 6.7L motor in the winter? (I live in Michigan. It does get cold)

8. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  9. Top Of Page | #65

I had trouble finding T6 as well at all the normal places, so I ended up ordering the HSS Green Diamond Fleet.

It is a little more than the T6 but already has the FR3.

Plus, they frequently offer free shipping.

Sent from my Armor X8i using Tapatalk

2019 CCSB 2500, 68RFE, 52gal Titan Fuel Tank, oil Bypass Filter, Coolant Filter, Cat Fuel Filters, Nitto Terra Grappler G2 275/70-18 (Stock)

10. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  11. Top Of Page | #66

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Diesel Reaper View Post

I ended up finding a 2.5Gal at Oriley's, and after checking Auto Zone, Walmart, Tractor Supply, and Performance Automotive, and a 2nd Performance automotive.

In the next town, I finally found 1 Gallon jug at $48!!!, so I could change my oil the following day as planned.

So If my research serves me, we are to use 15W40 and 5w40 SYN when it may get below zero out, correct?

Is it not possible to do that with a 6.7L motor in the winter? (I live in Michigan. It does get cold)
    Yes you can for sure run 5w40 year round in your 6.7.

I live in a warmer climate than you do and tow my boat to south Florida often in the summer heat.

All I have ever ran was 5w40.

12. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  13. Top Of Page | #67

What I wanted to know was can I run T4 year round in a cold climate.

T4 is a 15W-40.

Have any done this in a 6.7?

Quote Originally Posted by Aj Grubb View Post
    Yes you can for sure run 5w40 year round in your 6.7.

I live in a warmer climate than you do and tow my boat to south Florida often in the summer heat.

All I have ever ran was 5w40.

14. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  15. Top Of Page | #68

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Diesel Reaper View Post

I run T6 5W-40 year round in Wisconsin.

2017 2500 Laramie: DRD Juiced, 5" TBE, Invisible EGR mod, BD Iron Horn 364sxe/1.0AR, 20x10 Hostile Sprockets, 33x12.50 General Grabber A/T, HID Conversion, Reverse Level 2" Drop CSS Rear Coils

16. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  17. Top Of Page | #69

User Info Menu

I don't think I would recommend running 15w40 in your 6.7L during Michigan winters.

It'd probably survive, but I wouldn't do it to my engine.

That stuff is THICK at 0*F.

18. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567