Thanks Thanks:  37
Likes Likes:  202
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Diesel Motor Oil - Which One?

1. Top Of Page | #21

User Info Menu

Re: Diesel Motor Oil - Which One?

Quote Originally Posted by Gerald636 View Post
    I’m gonna have to look into this oil bypass then. I plan on keeping it for the long haul. Been deleted for a while now and at one point I asked about this oil bypass so it seems it’s a good option. Everything I have gotten so far was from DDP so I’ll be hoping they’ll chime in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Don't I count? LOL

2018 Ram 2500 4x4 G56
    Romans 10:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    joe@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

2. Thanks MillsRam thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #22

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by cumminsdieselfreak View Post
    Don't I count? LOL
    Yes definitely The customer service I’ve gotten from Dudes has been superb.

4. Likes SyN, watersupply189 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #23

User Info Menu

Don't I count? LOL
    LOL yes sir

6. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #24

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MillsRam View Post
    LOL yes sir

Tough crowd today LOL

2018 Ram 2500 4x4 G56

FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    joe@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

8. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #25

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SyN View Post
    @MillsRam: A brief description!

https://www.amsoil.com/newsstand/cla...ar-protection/

https://www.machinerylubrication.com...-oil-additives

Extended Drain: Is taking your normal OCI - Say 6K-10K mile Oil Change Interval - out to 20K-40K miles - Due to keeping the oil cleaner (With a much lower micron rated filtering system). Via be it a Single or Dual By-Pass system
    I'm not sure how low of Micron Rating has to be to even Truly Capture and Hold (Soot Particles) They are extremely small.

One thing to remember a New Filter does not filter more efficiently when compared to your older filter still in service.
    The longer a filter is in service the more efficient it becomes - But in some instances @ the same time flow is decreased due to more contaminants trapped within the media.
    This is where (Supported) Synthetic Media filters shine = Filter more smaller particles without effecting flow as much.

Keeping the Oil much cleaner longer - so the oil can stay in service for longer = Extended Drain.
    Yes the additive package of the oil over time will deplete & become much less effective for wear (This is when a UOA comes into play and a TBN report is needed).

SyN Disclaimer: These are only my Honest Opinions and Thoughts - through many NORIA/Lubrication Classes over the past 13yrs.
    Along with practically a lifetime membership to Machinery Lubrication Magazine.

Note: Attempting to Discuss Oil & Filters in a civilized manner is similar to attempting to do the same with Religion.
    So I will leave my thoughts & opinions here.

Good Luck!
    awesome love the input !

10. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #26

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SyN View Post
    Not Attempting to stir up drama or hate & discontent - Project Farm is very highly respected via the YouTube world as well as HSS - (They even use his video for their Winter Blend -diesel additive as a advertisement)

Though this is not a (Million Mile Engine Tear Down) while having run Green or Blue Diamond oils since the 0 or 1K mile mark but a simple garage test of the FR3 additive used in the HSS oils.
    The simple test results are a interesting conversation piece.

Though a real world driven (Not a Dyno in a Controlled environment Lab) - 500K or 1 million mile tear down with a visual & bearing clearance inspection would be the Ideal & Proper way to properly see a oils true quality.

Project Farm - does Not Sell or Benefit from bragging up or posting positive or negative results from any HSS products.
    He is probably the most unbiased tester that you will find in the YouTube world.
    Though his Testing is by No Means 100% Scientific or Structured towards actual (Real World) engine wear - It is based of common sense simple testing.

My Oil & Filter selections are posted within my Signature @ the bottom of everyone of my posts.
    TRIAX Supreme ESP HDEO oils - Incorporates a double dose (Compared to the National Averages) PPM of Moly & Boron - According to PQIA.ORG
    Since ZDDP was shown to not be DPF friendly & the PPM levels were dropped drastically - According to Ford some Brands went to low (Hence the SN engine oil rating) posted within the Starburst.

@MillsRam --> Look into Rotella T5 oils (Semi-Synthetic) shown Via-VOA to be formulated with a Very Robust Formulation.
    Rotella T6 5W-40 & 15W-40 are very robust (No SN rating) = Good - Thousands of Proven UOA - Can handle about any oil requirements.
    Pardon my Ignorance - But is your 6.7L deleted?
    The HSS oils your meaning Hot Shots Synthetic correct ?

12. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #27

User Info Menu

Diesel Motor Oil - Which One?

The HSS oils your meaning Hot Shots Synthetic correct ?

Hot Shots Secret. Let me know if you have any questions or wanna order as we're a dealer for them. If you want an oil bypass system we have 2 options, the Frantz kit and the Amsoil kit.

2018 Ram 2500 4x4 G56

FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    joe@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

14. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #28

User Info Menu

Hot Shots Secret. Let me know if you have any questions or wanna order as we're a dealer for them. If you want an oil bypass system we have 2 options, the Frantz kit and the Amsoil kit.

Yea I’d like to get some info for sure and some prices . What’s everyone using for a Oil filter , I e seen some good videos on the Fleetguard filters , Does anyone use a Fleetguard and have a part # for them or a better option ? Thanks

16. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  17. Top Of Page | #29

User Info Menu

Yea I’d like to get some info for sure and some prices . What’s everyone using for a Oil filter , I e seen some good videos on the Fleetguard filters , Does anyone use a Fleetguard and have a part # for them or a better option ? Thanks
    Mopar and FG stratopore are ok, not the best micron rating.

Your best filtration will come from the Amsoil EAO80 or Donaldson Blue(same filter as the eao80).

I use the Amsoil filter and with it now having a textured finish, it's not near as slick as other filters.

2018 Ram 2500 4x4 G56

FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    joe@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

18. Likes watersupply189, Gerald636, AK Bob liked this post
  19. Top Of Page | #30

User Info Menu

Rotella T6 and Mopar filters here.

2019 RAM MEGACAB 4X4 (AISIN) 4.10 GEARS, 6.7 CUMMINS W/ DRD BETA TUNNING, KMC XD843 GRENADE WHEELS, CUSTOM WINDOW TINT, 50 GALLON TITAN TRAVEL TREKKER, AND S&B CAI

2018 GRAND DESIGN MOMENTUM 399TH WITH FULL BODY PAINT, AND SIDE PORCH.

20. Thanks SyN thanked for this post
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast