Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Park Assist Problem

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Park Assist Problem

A couple nights ago my truck started acting weird, whenever I would slow to 30km/h my dash would light up and say “Park Assist Off” but the button on the dash wouldn’t light up to show they were off.

It’s still doing it every time I slow down to 30.

Occasionally the light on the dash will light up while I’m sitting still and I push the button and the dash will say “Service Park Assist System” but then when I start driving again I can turn the sensors back on.

When I put the truck in reverse nothing comes up and the sensors work as they should.

I’m not sure if water got in the system somewhere or there’s some kind of voltage drop and a sensors on it’s way out?

Is there any way I can troubleshoot a sensor or retrieve a trouble code?

Are the sensors in series where one goes bad the whole system stops working?

Where’s a good place to start tracking down the issue?

* I only have rear sensors as the trucks an SLT.*

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2016 3500 SRW CCLB 3:42 AS69RC. 5" Flopro straight pipe, MM3 tuned by DoubleRDiesel. Plans for a 700+hp daily driver.

2. Likes AK Bob liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Park Assist Problem

Quote Originally Posted by BraedenDore View Post
    A couple nights ago my truck started acting weird, whenever I would slow to 30km/h my dash would light up and say “Park Assist Off” but the button on the dash wouldn’t light up to show they were off.

It’s still doing it every time I slow down to 30.

Occasionally the light on the dash will light up while I’m sitting still and I push the button and the dash will say “Service Park Assist System” but then when I start driving again I can turn the sensors back on.

When I put the truck in reverse nothing comes up and the sensors work as they should.

I’m not sure if water got in the system somewhere or there’s some kind of voltage drop and a sensors on it’s way out?

Is there any way I can troubleshoot a sensor or retrieve a trouble code?

Are the sensors in series where one goes bad the whole system stops working?

Where’s a good place to start tracking down the issue?

* I only have rear sensors as the trucks an SLT.*

Make sure the sensors and connections are clean. If problem persists you have a bad sensor see links below for more information. The ParkTronics system does it’s self check below 20 mph. You will need a higher end scanner to read the module. The Autoenginuity scan tool with the Chrysler enhancement will pinpoint the bad sensor.

https://www.autoenginuity.com/products/scantool/

ParkTronics.pdf

Clean Park Assist Sensors
    https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/top...ink_source=app

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit and 50 Gallon auxiliary fuel tank.

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

4. Thanks BraedenDore thanked for this post