Thanks Thanks:  10
Likes Likes:  48
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Long Story - Many Upgrades Later - Radio Not Working

1. Top Of Page | #31

User Info Menu

Re: Long Story - Many Upgrades Later - Radio Not Working

Both batteries tested good, not 100% but good enough as per the load tester.

It's warming up in NY now anyways so I haven't had any issues with the cold morning startups for over a month now.

2016 Ram 2500 CCSB 6.7 in Black Forest Green, RaceME MM3 tuned by Ray @ Double R Diesel, WCFab FMW S467.7/83 .90A/R & Steed Speed Manifold 2nd Gen Swap, Flo-Pro 5" Straight Pipe w/FTE Diesel Resonator, Pusher 3.5" MEGA Intake Manifold, Pusher 3.5" MEGA Intercooler Tubes, DBALL2 Remote Starter, PIAA 85115 Superior Deep Bass Horns, Headlight Revolution Supernova V.4 LED Low/High beams, Bilstein 2.3" Level w/5100's all around, Thuren Adjustable Front Track Bar, ARP CA625+ Head Studs, RevMax 68RFE High Performance Towing/HD Valve Body, RevMax 68RFE ZeroStat Transmission Cooler Thermostatic Bypass.

2. Likes AK Bob liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #32

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bfg2500 View Post
    Both batteries tested good, not 100% but good enough as per the load tester.

It's warming up in NY now anyways so I haven't had any issues with the cold morning startups for over a month now.
    A quick thought.

Did you ever or are you aware that you can update software of your radio by use of a USB drive the software is available from uconnect.com it is possible that im not seeing this issue bc ive updated the radios software and the issue has been addressed.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

4. Top Of Page | #33

User Info Menu

Hmmm, I don't know if I can do that since my truck came with the 5.0 RA2 screen, then I upgraded through infotainment.com to the 8.4 4C UAS (non-nav/CarPlay) screen.

I think uconnect.com is only for original owners who bought their Chrysler vehicles with larger screens.

When I type my VIN in, I get it, probably because it was originally equipped with the 5.0 RA2 from the factory.

YOUR VEHICLE IS UP TO DATE
    There are no updates available at this time for your 2016 equipped with this system.
    Learn More About Your Uconnect® System

2016 Ram 2500 CCSB 6.7 in Black Forest Green, RaceME MM3 tuned by Ray @ Double R Diesel, WCFab FMW S467.7/83 .90A/R & Steed Speed Manifold 2nd Gen Swap, Flo-Pro 5" Straight Pipe w/FTE Diesel Resonator, Pusher 3.5" MEGA Intake Manifold, Pusher 3.5" MEGA Intercooler Tubes, DBALL2 Remote Starter, PIAA 85115 Superior Deep Bass Horns, Headlight Revolution Supernova V.4 LED Low/High beams, Bilstein 2.3" Level w/5100's all around, Thuren Adjustable Front Track Bar, ARP CA625+ Head Studs, RevMax 68RFE High Performance Towing/HD Valve Body, RevMax 68RFE ZeroStat Transmission Cooler Thermostatic Bypass.

5. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, AK Bob liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #34

User Info Menu

Hmmm, I don't know if I can do that since my truck came with the 5.0 RA2 screen, then I upgraded through infotainment.com to the 8.4 4C UAS (non-nav/CarPlay) screen.

I think uconnect.com is only for original owners who bought their Chrysler vehicles with larger screens.

When I type my VIN in, I get it, probably because it was originally equipped with the 5.0 RA2 from the factory.

YOUR VEHICLE IS UP TO DATE
    There are no updates available at this time for your 2016 equipped with this system.
    Learn More About Your Uconnect System

If you have a USB Connected to your entertainment system someone here with the same system could just forward you the software for you to put on USB possibly?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

7. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  8. Top Of Page | #35

User Info Menu

Radio ghost has returned.

I left the truck on a trickle charge for three days while away in OH for Thanksgiving.

Start the truck up and again radio dead, climate controls have no lights.

I pull the radio fuse under the hood, and it comes back to life.

This morning I started the truck up (28 degrees outside), and the radio powered up as it should.

I don't get it other than voltage/amp drop during startup.

This week, I'm replacing the batteries since they're over 5+ years old now(factory originals).

Very strange that I only had the block heater plugged in; I also found the Uconnect update, which I believe is version 22.6 and will be updating today.

9. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  10. Top Of Page | #36

User Info Menu

So just another update.

I replaced both batteries with brand new Interstates, and everything was good until this morning (12 degrees here in NY), and the radio had a black screen again, pulled the radio fuse, lost climate controls but had a radio.

Let me tell you, and it was a chilly ride to work when the only option was cold air or no air.

11. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  12. Top Of Page | #37

User Info Menu

So just another update.

I replaced both batteries with brand new Interstates, and everything was good until this morning (12 degrees here in NY), and the radio had a black screen again, pulled the radio fuse, lost climate controls but had a radio.

Let me tell you, and it was a chilly ride to work when the only option was cold air or no air.
    Sorry to hear the bad news.

Not a good way to start out the new year.

I hope you get the heater working again soon.

I don’t know if you have seen this recent post, it may help with troubleshooting the HVAC and is entertaining.

HVAC Not Responding?

Fix Instructions Here: https://www.igotacummins.com/threads...tructions-Here!

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

13. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  14. Top Of Page | #38

User Info Menu

Yeah, I don't have a sunroof so I don't think is the issue.

If I shut the truck down and restart so the Uconnect reboots the HVAC control comes back 100%

Quote Originally Posted by AK Bob View Post
    Sorry to hear the bad news.

Not a good way to start out the new year.

I hope you get the heater working again soon.

I don’t know if you have seen this recent post, it may help with troubleshooting the HVAC and is entertaining.

HVAC Not Responding?

Fix Instructions Here: https://www.igotacummins.com/threads...tructions-Here!

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

15. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes AK Bob, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  16. Top Of Page | #39

User Info Menu

Yeah, I don't have a sunroof so I don't think is the issue.

If I shut the truck down and restart so the Uconnect reboots the HVAC control comes back 100%
    If you hold the center button of both knobs in for 10 seconds the uconnect should reboot.

This can be done while driving

17. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  18. Top Of Page | #40

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Badger2078 View Post
    If you hold the center button of both knobs in for 10 seconds the uconnect should reboot.

This can be done while driving
    Thanks, good to know.

I’ll give it a try next time.

I spoke to infotainment.com, where I bought the head unit, and they offered to diagnose it for free, but I have to send the screen.

Going to have to find a temp replacement or another vehicle during the downtime.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast