1. Top Of Page | #21

User Info Menu

Re: Long Story - Many Upgrades Later - Radio Not Working

Mine is 2016 also.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

2. Top Of Page | #22

User Info Menu

Well still waiting on the block heater harness replacement, had the NOCO on it all night, 9 degrees this morning.

Started up with key after removing the charger and radio was dead again, had to pull the fuse,

I didn't plug in the block heater either.

2016 Ram 2500 CCSB 6.7 in Black Forest Green, RaceME MM3 tuned by Ray @ Double R Diesel, WCFab FMW S467.7/83 .90A/R & Steed Speed Manifold 2nd Gen Swap, Flo-Pro 5" Straight Pipe w/FTE Diesel Resonator, Pusher 3.5" MEGA Intake Manifold, Pusher 3.5" MEGA Intercooler Tubes, DBALL2 Remote Starter, PIAA 85115 Superior Deep Bass Horns, Headlight Revolution Supernova V.4 LED Low/High beams, Bilstein 2.3" Level w/5100's all around, Thuren Adjustable Front Track Bar, ARP CA625+ Head Studs, RevMax 68RFE High Performance Towing/HD Valve Body, RevMax 68RFE ZeroStat Transmission Cooler Thermostatic Bypass.

3. Likes AK Bob liked this post
  4. Top Of Page | #23

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bfg2500 View Post
    Well still waiting on the block heater harness replacement, had the NOCO on it all night, 9 degrees this morning.

Started up with key after removing the charger and radio was dead again, had to pull the fuse,

I didn't plug in the block heater either.
    Have you load tested each battery?

Just thinking perhaps your voltage is dipping too low when you first start up.

Just another idea before you install that switch or replace the radio again.

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit and 50 Gallon auxiliary fuel tank.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

5. Top Of Page | #24

User Info Menu

Can anyone confirm or deny?

Does BCM have authority of radio startups?

Key off times etc.

6. Likes AK Bob liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #25

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Badger2078 View Post
    Can anyone confirm or deny?

Does BCM have authority of radio startups?

Key off times etc.

Great question, but unfortunately I don’t know.

The power to the radio does not, but the radio is connected to the STAR CAN IHS IP and the STAR CAN C IP.

The STAR CAN IHS IP is connected to the BCM.

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit and 50 Gallon auxiliary fuel tank.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

8. Top Of Page | #26

User Info Menu

To be safe it may be prudent to check and inspect that the circuitry that tells the BCM to "key on" and can bus connections to radio.

9. Likes AK Bob liked this post
  10. Top Of Page | #27

User Info Menu

So just an update, I did not have the NOCO on last night/this morning, no block heater and it was 15 degrees here and she started right up, radio is fine too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2016 Ram 2500 CCSB 6.7 in Black Forest Green, RaceME MM3 tuned by Ray @ Double R Diesel, WCFab FMW S467.7/83 .90A/R & Steed Speed Manifold 2nd Gen Swap, Flo-Pro 5" Straight Pipe w/FTE Diesel Resonator, Pusher 3.5" MEGA Intake Manifold, Pusher 3.5" MEGA Intercooler Tubes, DBALL2 Remote Starter, PIAA 85115 Superior Deep Bass Horns, Headlight Revolution Supernova V.4 LED Low/High beams, Bilstein 2.3" Level w/5100's all around, Thuren Adjustable Front Track Bar, ARP CA625+ Head Studs, RevMax 68RFE High Performance Towing/HD Valve Body, RevMax 68RFE ZeroStat Transmission Cooler Thermostatic Bypass.

11. Thanks AK Bob thanked for this post
    Likes AK Bob liked this post
  12. Top Of Page | #28

User Info Menu

May be unrelated to your issue, but I just replaced my original 8.4AN Uconnect radio with a 2018 UAS panasonic connect unit, mainly to have Apple CarPlay.

These trucks don't like these upgrades a whole lot.

I lost a couple of functions, such as the radio soft buttons for the heated/vented seats.

Not a big deal, I have the physical buttons as well, however, I lost the back up camera for of.

It works with the button, but not when I put the truck in reverse.

I'm thinking BCM issue, we'll see.

Before swiping the radio though I had the heated seat physical buttons not work on very cold mornings.

After a few minutes they would come back to normal.

2014 MegaCab 3500 Laramie G56 4WD DRD Fix and 5” Flo Pro w/ muffler.
    Six On A Row, Ready To Tow!
    2000 Road King Classic
    John 3:16

13. Likes AK Bob liked this post
  14. Top Of Page | #29

User Info Menu

I believe it is part of the battery saver mode.

My truck does the same thing when it is really cold out.

Radio does not play and the seat and steering wheel heaters don’t stay on either.

I let it idle and warm up and it charges up the battery for ten minutes or so, then I turn off the truck and restart it and everything works fine.

Mine will display battery saver mode on the dash message board also.

2014 Ram 3500 Laramie Longhorn CCLB DRW. *** EGR delete, S&B cold air intake, Flo-Pro 5” stainless turbo back exhaust without muffler, shibby plug kit, MM3 tuner with DRD complete option package. ARP 625 head studs, 103# valve springs, extreme duty push rods, pusher intake horn, CP3 bag of parts, fleece powerflo in tank lift pump.

15. Likes jarce71, AK Bob liked this post
  16. Top Of Page | #30

User Info Menu

I'm going to have my batts load tested hopefully this week and see I really think after all the testing and tracing.

I've done it's the batteries dipping too low on voltage, they're the factory batteries that came with the truck and it seems that anything below 20 degrees seems to be the border line of whether or not the radio will power on without pulling the fuse after being started.

Started up today 34 degrees without issue.

17. Likes AK Bob liked this post
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast