Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  19

Thread: Fleece Cheetah with a Revmax VB/Re-gear - Will It Last?

1. Top Of Page | #1

Fleece Cheetah with a Revmax VB/Re-gear - Will It Last?

I've tried to do a bit of research on what the general limits of a 68RFE are with just a Revmax/Babymaker valve body and 250 psi of line pressure, but I can't really find anything.

I also have a 37" tire with AAM 4.44 gears, so that has to help in some regard.

Looking to maybe add a Fleece Cheetah on stock fueling and wanted to see if it will hold long-term, or is something else likely to fail and the valve body is just not enough.

Thanks.

2. Likes watersupply189, AK Bob liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Fleece Cheetah with a Revmax VB/Re-gear - Will It Last?

Quote Originally Posted by oMegaOrange View Post
    I've tried to do a bit of research on what the general limits of a 68RFE are with just a Revmax/Babymaker valve body and 250 psi of line pressure, but I can't really find anything.

Looking to maybe add a Fleece Cheetah on stock fueling and wanted to see if it will hold long-term, or is something else likely to fail and the valve body is just not enough.

Thanks.
    As you likely know it’s a Somewhat loaded question but there are several guys pushing high 500 low 600 daily trucks with RevMax VB and aftermarket charger. Max line pressure recommend by RevMax is 225psi which accommodates for occasional spikes to 250psi.

I've been on stock fuel with 364 charger running 200hp daily since sept and so far so good.

Not a testament to long term but I think as long as you’re not constantly hot rodding you’ll be alright for a while.

2013 Ram 2500
    John 3:16 - Philippians 4:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by oMegaOrange View Post

Thanks.
    Indeed a loaded question to an extent, long term will determine how the truck is driven.

The Fleece cheetah is fun and can participate up to 650hp with good tuning while allowing you to keep your exhaust brake.

2018 Ram 2500 4x4 G56
    Romans 10:13

FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    joe@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

5. Likes watersupply189, AK Bob, timshooter40 liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #4

Thanks for the quick responses guys.

A little more light on my situation: Truck is my daily driver with 49k miles on it. It rides mostly empty with just tools in the bed, but is called upon in the summertime to tow either a race car or 10k camper up to my property at 10,500 ft. up decent grades.

I live at 5,400 ft., so I tend to seek the advice of those that know altitude.

I do not race, stomp on it, or anything that could be construed as abuse or fun.

If I want to spool it up, I ease into the throttle and let it do its thing.

The truck is fairly new to me, and has performed as expected since I purchased it at 39k miles.

Assuming I get just a valve body and line pressure increase along with the Cheetah I'm I asking for a built trans when I'm stuck up in the mountains, or can this last me a few years with normal driving?

7. Likes AK Bob, watersupply189, timshooter40 liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Id say with what you’ve described you’ll be fine.

Let the converter lock before really getting into the fun pedal.

Are you running tunes currently?

As you probably know You will need a way to bump up line pressure it does not occur just by adding the VB.

2013 Ram 2500
    John 3:16 - Philippians 4:13

FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

9. Top Of Page | #6

Running a RaceME Ultra right now on box tunes.

If I put on a Cheetah and valve body I'd bump it up by other tuning means.

10. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #7

I think the tuning and regear are the two pieces prolonging longevity.

12. Likes watersupply189 liked this post