Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  22
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is The 12V Tune The Best Economy Tune?

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Re: Is The 12V Tune The Best Economy Tune?

I appreciate the interest in my post.

I think I'd like to know more about the tunes you guys are running. Are you guys running Single Event tunes?

It's nice to know that good mpgs are possible with the right setup and driving discipline.

2. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

With the min and max tables of the vanes being held open at low RPMs, the main injection tables set at mostly 15deg BTDC and the injection timing being limited to single event.

This thing sounds almost like an old 12V.

It actually sounds kind of in between the old 12V and a 24V.

Pretty wild.

It was a barrel of laughs when I fired it up and listened to it.

I'll probably roll with it for a while. I'd like to see if it smokes, I couldn't tell because it's night time.

It only took me 3-4 hours over 3 days to completely reverse the efforts of the Cummins engineers for the last 25 years.

Yippeee!

3. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

My 68 RFE truck was tuned by DRD and I ran the 12 valve tune on 90 hp most of the time. 30 hp towing and occasionally 120 hp but I always had transmission life in the back of my mind.

My G56 truck is running box tunes on the RaceMe Ultra. I run it on the 30 hp setting because I still have the stock clutch and it will slip on command.

I plan on keeping my truck for a while and I never ran either one to it's full potential. Just a spirited run occasionally to blow the soot out of it.

4. Likes SyN liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

I’m not sure where your driving but from my house just north of New Orleans to Huston and back I was getting 20mpg @80 mph on 35s.

My truck is custom tuned from a place in oak grove Louisiana 2012 2500 Megacab.

Also I pull a landscaping trailer loaded every day and I usually get about 14 mpg avg.

The 6.7L seem to get better mpg at around 75mph and up for me.

6. Top Of Page | #15

I prefer the sound from the 2nd gen trucks with the 24 valves they sound great.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12