Hey folks, I just figured out how to do the H&S tuning and I thought I'd share as I'm sharing all of this because it's the stuff that I discovered in doing it myself.

First, If you haven't figured it out already, H&S is out of business and has been since about 2014 or so and this means that all the tuners you find are either old stock, used, or (I hear) Bullydog GT tuners can be hacked to run the H&S OS.

This means that most tuners aren't using this platform anymore and there's lots of stuff out there (if you dig), but most of this stuff is getting to be 8+ years old and are not supported by reputable tuners.

If you're like me, you don't know when to quit, and you ignore most of the advice that people tell you to buy a new tuner.

Basically you'd better be prepared to fight for every step to get this to work, as it won't come easy and if you actually get it to work I believe it's still useful and a way to quickly destroy every part in your truck!

So you're on your own as I believe it's pretty damn powerful and use at your own risk and know that you have very few people running to for help if things get sideways.

If you do a YouTube search for H&S, you'll find a YouTube channel that explains how to install MCC (Maxx Calibration Control).

This software is what allows you to tune your own truck and it also explains how to export tunes from you're H&S.

You'll have to use your Google skills and dig to find the download as it's out there and not too hard to find.

I learned that if you want to export the transmission tuning, you need to download the H&S tuning with the transmission unlock code before export it.

I'd bet if you dug the interwebs long enough and hard enough, you could find a generator, but that's not the route I went as I bought mine from a guy on eBay.

Next, you'll find out that MCC doesn't want to open your tunes as It'll keep "Saying file not found, would you like to create it." or it'll give you a definition file error.

To fix this, you'll need to dig again, find the definition files, and put them in the root directory for the program executable (.exe) file. and it will probably look something like this C:\Programfiles(x86)\H&S.

Once those files are in place you should be able to open the tune that you exported from your Mini Maxx.

After you make your changes, you can import your tune back on the truck.

You need an MCC to unlock the code to do that.

Again, I bought mine from a tuner off of eBay and I probably overpaid, but it's water under the bridge at this point.

I'll create more posts as I dig more into this tuning and software and I've mostly focused on the 68RFE tuning and the shift tables to understand how all of that works.

I'll create another post on that.