Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  15

Thread: Another VGT thread

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Another VGT thread

New member here. Trying to diagnose actuator or turbo issues. My exhaust brake has not worked for a couple months. Truck seems a little laggy and does not make the boost it used to. Makes maybe 32 lbs unloaded on a performance tune. Maxed out maybe mid 20’s this weekend on a tow tune with my 9k lb TT. Truck has not thrown any codes. The City Diesel actuator looks nice but worried about ordering and then figuring out I need a new turbo. For the same
    reason I dont want to pull off the actuator to check the swing of the shaft and then be down waiting on parts. So I guess question is if the truck is running OK but not great with no exhaust brake and no codes would that point one way or the other? Should I be looking at something else first?

2014 6.7 68RFE with 145k
    raceme ultra tuned since about 20k miles. EGR, DPF delete. 4” flo pro
    stock turbo, fuel, etc

2. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, AK Bob, timshooter40 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Another VGT thread

It’s your actuator gone bad. Order the city diesel actuator and all will be good. Mine was the same only difference I had codes but have talked to a few friends and other guys some said no codes others had codes but the first thing you notice is exhaust brake is inop

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Likes watersupply189, timshooter40 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Another VGT thread

Quote Originally Posted by Transam400 View Post
    New member here. Trying to diagnose actuator or turbo issues. My exhaust brake has not worked for a couple months. Truck seems a little laggy and does not make the boost it used to. Makes maybe 32 lbs unloaded on a performance tune. Maxed out maybe mid 20’s this weekend on a tow tune with my 9k lb TT. Truck has not thrown any codes. The City Diesel actuator looks nice but worried about ordering and then figuring out I need a new turbo. For the same
    reason I dont want to pull off the actuator to check the swing of the shaft and then be down waiting on parts. So I guess question is if the truck is running OK but not great with no exhaust brake and no codes would that point one way or the other? Should I be looking at something else first?

2014 6.7 68RFE with 145k
    stock turbo, fuel, etc
    Welcome friend! It’s probably your actuator. This actuator seems to be a common issue with many on here.

2016 Ram 3500 CC 4x4, G56, Dr. DRD medically cured!

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab
    Cummins,G56, Rough Country level, Morimoto LED fog lights, LED headlights, Lund Attitude Steps sprayed with Line-X, DRL's Activated, 35x12.50R18 Falken Wildpeak ATW3, Fuel Vapor Wheels Matte Black w/Dark Tint, A.R.E. Truck cap and swing boxes

6. Likes AK Bob, timshooter40 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Good news. Thats what I was hoping for. I guess I’ll get on the backorder list for an actuator. Probably need to see the DR for some new tunes also.

8. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, AK Bob, timshooter40 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Another VGT thread

Quote Originally Posted by Transam400 View Post

2014 6.7 68RFE with 145k
    stock turbo, fuel, etc
    Just recently installed a City Diesel Actuator on mine very pleased with the ease of install and operation. Top quality part. I didn’t have any codes and exhaust brake was still functioning, but my actuator was leaking coolant and some made it’s way to the gear box. Check with Dude’s Diesel Performance @DDP on availability.

Coolant Leak
    https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/top...ink_source=app

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit and 50 Gallon auxiliary fuel tank.

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

10. Likes watersupply189, timshooter40 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AK Bob View Post
    Just recently installed a City Diesel Actuator on mine very pleased with the ease of install and operation. Top quality part. I didn’t have any codes and exhaust brake was still functioning, but my actuator was leaking coolant and some made it’s way to the gear box. Check with Dude’s Diesel Performance @DDP on availability.

Coolant Leak
    https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/top...ink_source=app

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit and 50 Gallon auxiliary fuel tank.

Thank you so much for the quote/mention my friend!

Yes sir feel free to give us a shout anytime for some more info on the city diesel turbo actuator.

We can go over some cods that you may have to better help determine if it's the turbo or actuator that needs replacing.

Clayton

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

12. Likes watersupply189, AK Bob, timshooter40 liked this post