Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  28
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Equipment Trailer

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

New Equipment Trailer

Quote Originally Posted by cumminsdieselfreak View Post
    Diamond C and Big Tex are 2 of the best IMO as both are very well built. Diamond C has a better finish than Big Tex IMO.
    I just had a Big Tex snap a weld and they didn’t want to honor the warranty it’s a year old. And less than 5k miles on it and they said I’m on my own. I wish diamond c allowed the low pro equipment to be made longer. They max at 30 ft and I need 34 minimal.

Just a diesel enthusiast helping others:
    2015 3500 Mega Cab Aisin Leveled on 35's.
    2018 3500 Crew Cab G56 leveled on 35’s
    2021 3500 Mega Cab HO Aisin screaming eagles..

2. Likes timshooter40, watersupply189 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

Re: New Equipment Trailer

Wow!! I would be pi$$ ed . I never had a problem with mine. I can't for sure remember about warranty but I thought it was for 90 days maybe 6 months. Sorry to hear about weld breaking. I broke a couple welds on my trailer too.but I had it for awhile, I weld so I just pulled it in shop and ground out old and re welded. Paint black and problem solved. Hope all works out for you.

2016 Ram 2500 CCSB 4X4 ,Cat fuel filter delete with water seperator. Thuren suspension
    with Fox IFP shocks, thuren sway bar, rear track bar and front track bar, Warn 12k winch , custom winch mount, REVMAX trans pan,HD valve body and thermal bypas. Leer truck topper,Exotic head studs, Engine enhancements by the cummins whisper.

4. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by timshooter40 View Post
    Wow!! I would be pi$$ ed . I never had a problem with mine. I can't for sure remember about warranty but I thought it was for 90 days maybe 6 months. Sorry to hear about weld breaking. I broke a couple welds on my trailer too.but I had it for awhile, I weld so I just pulled it in shop and ground out old and re welded. Paint black and problem solved. Hope all works out for you.
    Yeah the issue I had is they don’t do a low pro 20k so I had to get a second one to haul the low clearance equipment.

The other thing is when I measure the thickness on the 8”channel it was thinner than what other competitors use so I wonder if it was just thin steel and that’s why it broke.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just a diesel enthusiast helping others:
    2015 3500 Mega Cab Aisin Leveled on 35's.
    2018 3500 Crew Cab G56 leveled on 35’s
    2021 3500 Mega Cab HO Aisin screaming eagles..

6. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Cam95 View Post
    Yeah the issue I had is they don’t do a low pro 20k so I had to get a second one to haul the low clearance equipment.

The other thing is when I measure the thickness on the 8”channel it was thinner than what other competitors use so I wonder if it was just thin steel and that’s why it broke.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Steel that is to thin could be a problem.

It will be prone to metal fatigue in high use ,high stress, high flex, will all cause metal to fail.

As far as welds could be a few things stress fatigue, poor weld, not enough heat, dirty weld (not clean metal before welding) not enough shielding so weld gets pours, basically holes in weld or air pockets.

Welds also break because no strengthening was put in place, gussets backing plates etc...

I hope it all works out for you.

Trailers are expensive.

2016 Ram 2500 CCSB 4X4 ,Cat fuel filter delete with water seperator. Thuren suspension
    with Fox IFP shocks, thuren sway bar, rear track bar and front track bar, Warn 12k winch , custom winch mount, REVMAX trans pan,HD valve body and thermal bypas. Leer truck topper,Exotic head studs, Engine enhancements by the cummins whisper.

8. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12